Save on your homeowners insurance through a forum member!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 02-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
White Marlin

Default Save on your homeowners insurance through a forum member!!

After reading a thread yesterday about homeowners insurance someone recommended "turtle" on the forum. I have been calling around getting quotes the last couple days and everyone was quoting me the same as I currently pay.

After less than five minutes on the phone with forum member Turtle he had me a quote saving over 30% of what my current insurance is. He also recommended me to forum member "bullshark" who I called in reference to wind mitigation. Bullshark is giving me a forum discount to come out and inspect my home. Bullshark's inspection could save me a couple hundred more dollars on the final quote.

Even if you are happy with your insurance for homeowners, do yourself a favor and spend 5 minutes on the phone with these guys and let them save you some money. I am glad I did. I will update with the final savings after my inspection on Thursday! Thanks Turtle and Bullshark!

Turtles Office number is 862-8644..Give him a ring :letsdrink
whome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Save on your homeowners insurance through a forum member!!

i agree with water hazard....i was very happy with my insurance company until i went to refinance my home...to my surprise i was paying an extra $2000.00 a year for my happiness.

well let me tell you this i am even happier with my new home owner insurance company and $2000.00 a year in my pocket.

i wished i had known turtle and bullshark were in the business.

so do as water hazard has said...check your rates to turtles and see if you too need to change!!!!!

good post water hazard
captwesrozier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
White Marlin

Thanks for this! The people who will save the most are people who have a big named insurance company. And if you don't want to leave one of the larger companies the wind mitigation inspection I do will save you $ regardless of the insurance company you have. With that being said why pay so much more for the name when you could pocket a lot of $ for the same or more coverage. I don't sell insurance I just do mitigation inspectionsso that is justan opinion from a consumer. I switched to a independent agent and my bill went from $1750 to about $900 with more coverage. Ofcourse I also provided a wind mitigation formwhich helped that along.
Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
Sailfish

If you don't get the wind inspection you either don't know about it or are a fool. It saved me about $700/yr. Most of the insurance co. won't tell you about it unless you ask.
Dagwood is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #5
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to MGuns

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I had a quote of app $1,300/year and then when I had the wind mitigation report done the cost went down about $400. Well worth it.

MGySgt USMC (Retired)
2016 NauticStar 224XTS

MGuns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #6
White Marlin

Quote:
MGuns (2/2/2010)<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I had a quote of app $1,300/year and then when I had the wind mitigation report done the cost went down about $400. Well worth it.
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I agree, I will let Bullshark quote his prices here if he wants so I don't step on any toes, but I was surprised that the inspection is a fraction on the cost of the actual savings. The inspection is also good for five years. So pay for it once and save for five years on your insurance before you need it again...
whome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
Sailfish

I second Bullshark's wind mitigation inspection, it saved me some serious $$ on my premium. Pay the man and get it done, you won't be sorry!
Rammer Jammer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

I live in Mississppi and State Farm just cancel my wind coverage. Does anyone know of who's still selling complete home owner's policies. Also does anyone do the wind midigation inspections over this way?
sushi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 07:37 PM   #9
White Marlin

It's alway just a fraction of the savings the first yearbut I do give forum members a $25 discount. This forum has done nothing but good things for me so it's only right.
Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #10
Blue Marlin

How much bullshark?
Pinksnappertrapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in