Rep Carolyn McCarthy readies gun control bill - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 01-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
twiceRetired Serve No One
Blue Marlin

Default Rep Carolyn McCarthy readies gun control bill

One of the fiercest gun-control advocates in Congress, Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-N.Y.), pounced on the shooting massacre in Tucson Sunday, promising to introduce legislation as soon as Monday.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html

HisName is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #2
Sailfish

Talking Here It Comes

Any of ya'll remember the Klinton years when the price of hi-cap mags hit the roof. I do. I did not need any as I do not need any now,however I sat and watched as some mags hit the $125 mark.

It "could" be coming our way again. Since this latest tragidy some lawmakers have stated that a ban on hi-cap mags should be inacted. Of course if the max capacity of a pistol or rifle mag was only 10 all you gotta do is carry two.

AND....they are also saying that the whacko that was the shooter couldn't have done the damage to those(all of them,not just a congresswoman)if he didn't have the gun at all. I have yet to hear what brand of pistol he had. My guess is that he used FMJ ammo though.

Think ahead of the curve again folks. Buy what you think that you will need to support the firearms that you own. My mag fed weapons are supported by quite a few mags and will quickly order more. Is this premature.....could be. For me,it wasn't the last time.

Good luck to us all. Oh,by the way.......in a year from now I will have several Glock 19 mags for sale for the super low price of $125. ----SAWMAN
SAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 08:56 AM   #3
twiceRetired Serve No One
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAWMAN View Post
I have yet to hear what brand of pistol he had. My guess is that he used FMJ ammo though.
SAWMAN
News article says He had a Glock 19 bought 2 months back with an extended Mag

This congress woman said he should never have been able to stock pile that much ammo

HisName is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #4
WW2
Sailfish

Why don't nutjobs ever use a spoon?

If that guy had walked in with a machete he damn sure could have killed a few people. He had the element of surprise and when you have that you can do a lot of damage with just about anything if you really want to.

Sometimes I think gun control nuts do this just to help their cause.
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #5
Mingo

Well it was a bad thing that happened how ever no matter how many laws they make it will all ways happen . They make more laws to stop this how ever it only hurts responsible weapon owners not the criminals . I mean any one with a little common since knows a criminals not going to the local gun shop waiting 3 days to buy his pistol then going on his shooting rampage when he can go any were on the street pick up the same weapon for a 1/4 of the price and do it that day with a weapon that cant be traced to him . The issue with high cap mags come on you congress its not that hard to carry 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, mags in a jacket depending on the size of the person he can easily conceal 9 mags plus the pistol in a jacket with out any one knowing he has it . Even with a cap of 10 rounds per mag if he has 6 spare mags thats 71 rounds counting mag in the pistol and one in the chamber . When guns or out lawed whats next bows knifes hatchets shovels ? Were will it end ?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Grouper

It was a horrible thing that happened for sure...But, if there was just one person with a CCW he/she could have ended or prevented some of the people from getting hurt. When carrying concealed, you protect yourself and the people around you. IMHO!

I'd hate to see the day that only the bad guys have weapons!!
chasin-tail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #7
Grand Slam

I think their position is that he was jumped while he was reloading so if he only had 10, he would've had to reload sooner.
Actually I think there was one CCW in the crowd but a woman jumped the shooter before he could react. Then others jumped in. I read an interview with a CCW that actually ran towards the shooting when he heard it. He was nearby.
From what I'm reading, the new speaker has an A rating from the NRA and won't let this bill get to the floor.
I've noticed that some websites have pulled (or maybe sold out of) their hi-cap Glock mags. The panic buying has begun.
welldoya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #8
Sailfish

After obama got elected the line in academey was 10 wide 10 people in each line. I went a few times just to watch. He could have used gas, a car or most anything else. Nutcake for sure. For a long time you couldnt get ammo. Anybody got a 20 round clip for a m1a in 308?
20simmons sea skiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2011, 03:50 AM   #9
Mingo

skiff your correct when they out law firearms people will find another weapon to use to get the job done . You never hear about new laws when some on runs a person down with a car . Or when some on use's a knife to kill some one , or a baseball bat ,piece of pipe ,crowbar or any other thing thats been used to kill people . I think the people trying to push these new laws should use some common since or be put into a position were there life is in danger i bet there views would change when this happens . There arguments usually have something do to with thats why we have law enforcement or cops .How every in large city's the average response time depending on which city it is ranges from 4.5 min to 8.5 min longer if your not in a city . Common since says if you have no weapon to defend your self some one can do a lot of damage in this amount of time . so lets say average the to times together around 6 min for the first cop to show up vs 30 secs for some one to pull there ccw and take out the threat . common since says 30 sec beats out 6 minutes hands down .
Old 02-12-2011, 10:42 AM   #10
Bearded Brotula
Grand Slam

It'll be hard to ban hi-cap magazines for Glocks, since any Gloack magazine will work in them. Sure you won't be able to find the 30 round ones anymore, but what if I took my Glock 22 clip and put it in my 23C?
MrFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in