Red Cross aids the Jena Protest - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #1
Sailfish

Default Red Cross aids the Jena Protest

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/jena.asp

I don't agree with this. Its an organized event. The organizers and participants should have taken care of this. Not the government calling in a state of emergency.

The business closing causing the problem is a bunch of BS. The organizers new they would have tens of thousands there in a town of 2000, the town could not support the protesters regardless.

Okay, thats my soap box. Carry on.
AUradar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007, 11:56 AM   #2
Ruby Red Lip

Default RE: Red Cross aids the Jena Protest

That is a load of crap, the local businesses should have been supported, the organizers of the protest should have planned better, the state of LA. should have more control over the situation other than calling a state of emergency and calling in the troops.
Joe Fink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #3
Sailfish

Send a message via MSN to David Ridenour Send a message via Yahoo to David Ridenour

On the face of it it appears to be BS.I support the Red Cross, and if you look at it from their perspective, they were asked to assist by the State of Louisianna.Had they refused, which would have caused the larger uproar,their agreement to assist a small town with a huge event or their refusal to help out with a minority protest? Our friends Jesse and Big Al would have loved that one! Now for the test, the next time there is a fair tax rally or a pro war rally someone needs to request the Red Cross assist and see what happens.
David Ridenour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007, 11:40 PM   #4
Grouper

Who cares? The town closed because they were afraid of being overrun. There was potential for a problem and the people who went and organized the event are a bunch of idiots.

This isn't news and the RC is a private charity org. How dare anyone tell them where and when they can respond according to their charter and at the request of a governor. And how dare anyone disrespect the choice of the small business owners who chose to shutter their doors to avoid potential problems.

Heck the idiots who ran the show demanded nobody patronize the establishments. The point of protest isn't to bring money into town like an art fest so I just don't get the concern on the part of PFF members and thus, my who cares.

This is non-news only reacted to by people who are listening to others tell them how to think.
Xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 08:54 AM   #5
Sailfish

nobody trying to tell anybody what to think. I thought it was very interesting and wanted to share. Red Cross is constantly asking people for money so the manner in which they spend thier money should be open as well.
AUradar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #6
Trigger

JUST ANOTHER WAY US WORKING ,TAX PAYING, DONATING, GIVING, PEOPLE CAN HELP!!!!! WE WOULD NOT WANT THOSE PROTESTERS WHO IM SURE TOOK VACATION TIME FROM JOBS TO GO PROTEST TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE WOULD WE.sicksick:blownaway:moon
IAMHOOKED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #7
Grouper

Quote:
IAMHOOKED (10/3/2007)JUST ANOTHER WAY US WORKING ,TAX PAYING, DONATING, GIVING, PEOPLE CAN HELP!!!!! WE WOULD NOT WANT THOSE PROTESTERS WHO IM SURE TOOK VACATION TIME FROM JOBS TO GO PROTEST TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE WOULD WE.sicksick:blownaway:moon

No, we wouldn't. But more importantly, we wouldn't want a horde of 50k protesters getting thirsty and deciding since there was no water that they would stampede the local Circle K and we wouldn't want some 70 yr old protestor dying from heat stroke either.

This was simply a bad deal for the kids, a bad decision on the part of the town, the organizers and the protestors. The only ones who did the right thing here are the governor and the red cross - especially the red cross.
Xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
Trigger

I AGREE BAD DECISION ON KIDS BEHALF BUT THE TOWN SHUTTING DOWN I PERSONALLY FEEL WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. I WOULD HAVE MY DOORS CLOSED AND GUARDED BY MY 10 GUAGE! I AM A CONTRIBUTOR TO THE RED CROSS AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO BUT I DO NOT AGREE WITH MY DONATED DOLLARS HELPING OUT IN THIS SITUATION. THE PROTESTERS WERE THERE BY CHOICE AND SHOULD HAVE BROUGHT SUPPLIES AND MADE ARRANGEMENTS IF THEY WERE NEEDED. THEN AGAIN MOST OF THE PEOPLE PROTESTING ARE THE SAME ONES WHO SIT ON THE PORCH AND WAIT ON THE CHECK EACH MONTH SO I WOULD BE CRAZY TO THINK THEY MIGHT ACTUALLY KNOW HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!ONCE AGAIN THEY MAKE MEsick:sick
IAMHOOKED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in