Pricing for a detached shop???? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 06-02-2019, 07:03 PM   #1
Ruby Red Lip

Default Pricing for a detached shop????

Getting ready to build a detached shop at my house and trying to figure out whether I sub it myself or get a contractor. I am looking for something around 24 x 24 with an upstairs loft and vinyl on the outside. Anyone have any idea how much something like this would cost? Right now I am looking just for the shell (no electric or the loft being finished. I got one price from a contractor which I think is pretty good but want to do my due diligence. Thanks in advance....
prokat2200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2019, 05:30 AM   #2
Grand Slam

I built my 20 x 32 garage out of cinder block by myself. This was in 77. Bought everything on my own. Cost around 2 grand. No permit was needed for the structure. Only a electrical permit. The laws have changed since then but the inspectors will work and advise you. I never touched a cinder block before the garage. You can do it buy yourself by contracting or do it all with a little help. I was 34 then. Damn time flies. Good luck.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:38 AM   #3
Sailfish

I had to build a new shed after Ivan. I poured a 20' x 20' slab, framed the walls at 8 feet, built and installed trusses, covered the walls and roof with the painted steel panels ordered already cut to length, installed a pre-hung exterior door, and had Pinkard's install a one-car garage door.
Total cost was somewhere between $4k and $5k... don't remember exactly. I did pay a helper for a good bit of labor, so that was included in the total cost.

Our new place had no shed, so we built a 12' x 14' barn style with two lofts a few years ago. (Not on a slab.) Total cost was just a hair over $4k. The only paid labor on this project was to install the paper, shingles, drip edge, and ridge vent.
FelixH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 07:23 AM   #4
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Get a pole barn kit and side it in... I got John at Camp 11 to build my 30x60 with 14 ft eves (big enough fer a loft) ($7500-7800). Eventually I will side mine in but right now it is open.

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in