possible lawsuit?? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 02-06-2008, 12:39 AM   #1
Grouper

Default possible lawsuit??

Ok get this CRAZY stuff. My g/f has 3 daughters. She has an Ex husband who lives in Washington state...with custody right only during "summer vacation visitation". Well he somehow flew into town today and went to the girls school..and showed them a motion for custody document...from the state of wash. This is JUST a MOTION...not custody. Well the principal of the school called cell phone after she gave him the kids...asking for my g/f...saying she needed to talk to her fast about an important matter. NO deputy present...nothing..just one document...and this guy. she released them. Now they are all on a plane back to washington....before SRSO and ECSO could catch them at the airport. Well the girls are fine...they are in protective custody..and will be back soon. But as far as the school...releasing 3 girls...to a guy...with one document...just a motion for custody. A guy that at this time has no primary custody....or isnt on any document allowing him to check them out. One of the girls has never seen him before...left right after birth. Who is to say this wasnt some rapist. We are thinking of filing against the school.....opinions?
crazyfire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
Your mom's a
Grand Slam

Default RE: possible lawsuit??

Screw a lawsuit, get a bat.

Hit him, the principal and anyone else that disagrees. If they have issues after that, then you ca nsue.
JoeZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #3
Trigger

I would definately atleast consult an Attorney about it . Someone should at the very least lose thier job over it. You would think the school would actually be over protective about it . you

could always skip all the drama of court and custody issues by inviteing the ex on a little south alabama hog hunt ,you know sort of a peace offering then put a 12 guage slug in his head and leave him out in the delta for hogs and gators.
bamafan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 01:12 AM   #4
Grouper

If you got the girls back safely, I wouldn't raise much fuss about it unless it is a private school. Yes, it was wrong but if you go and raise too big of a fuss and bring a lawsuit against the school, what is that going to do for the girls? I am sure that they enjoy the school and have lots of friends there. If you file a lawsuit against the school or the school system for that matter, it will surely jeopardize their enrollment in any public school in the area. I would surly make sure that this is noted with school officials but bringing a lawsuit against the school... I donno...

I would peruse the Ex on grounds of kidnapping though. It seems like it's a pretty open and shut case that he violated his rights by moving them without proper custody. I am no lawyer and do not know the laws and since he is their biological dad, there my be nothing that can be done but who knows.

that's just my opinion. If I were in your shoes, I might have a different outlook though...
Chris Couture is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 01:14 AM   #5
Grouper

chris...the girls will be back safely...but with them missing a month of school...we dont want them to be dropped back or anything. If they were able to come back and finish the year in their grade...well thats fine. And i agree....note it with school officials....and make sure it doesnt happen again. It just really chapped my ass to even think a school would release them....as strict as they are now days.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #6
little ol me !
Snapper

Glad your girls are ok. Rather than sue, which would cause the school board as a whole a bunch of money, maybe consult with the District Attorney?

Somebody should be held accountable for what happened, and surely there are laws in place to prevent that type of thing from happening.
billyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 01:36 AM   #7
Grouper

Send a message via AIM to N-Reel-Trouble

It's going to take them a month to get the girls back here? That sounds odd. I agree with the others about pursing kidnapping with the EX. Also the judge will not think kindly at all of what he did.

Since the school did what they did, you could probably use that as leverage to get them to let the girls finish out their year, and proceed as normal next year.
N-Reel-Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 01:40 AM   #8
Trigger

If the father was not on file with the school as an authorized person to remove the children, the person at the school who released them would be guilty of violating district school board policy, but not much else. You could consult an attorney, but if you cannot show a loss, you most likely will not have much luck. If he was listed as a person authorized to remove the kids from school, you're pretty much done at that point. An out of state motion means absolutely nothing here, even if it was an order from an out of state court for him to take custody, it has to be localized by a judge in whatever area the children are in. It then has to be executed by the local Sheriff. Important thing is the children are safe and will be home soon.
SCUBA Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #9
Snapper

I went through all this with my kids, and each state has different laws. The main objective is in the best intrest of the children. The parents duke it out, while the kids suffer. The best thing you can do is get an attorney, I think the only way for the Father to gain full custody is prooving the mother unfit. I delt with this in Kansas, had to proove she was unfit, but couldn't say or show anything bad. :banghead I went crazy, but she finally showed her colors, I got my kids, and have never seen or heard from her again. I feel this will be a strike against the father, and may be charged with kid napping, yes his own kids. Almost happened to me. He will have to show good reason why he took them. Always, always try to feel what the kids are going through, this kind of thing is very hard on them. :angel
Jig n Hawgs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #10
Grouper

yea...odd.....santa rosa wants them back...like...RIGHT NOW...but the county in washington will not do anything with our county until feb 18th...there reason was so he could get his stuff together. DCF has already told us it was a clean cut case. Her ex only had that motion...from out of state...and nothing else. He doesnt hold a job, no school...nothing. My g/f...is in the police academy. The girls dont really know him....he never calls...nothing...so best interest...in my opinion..would be stay here. And i should have clarified...when i said lawsuit...i wasnt really meaning...sue for money or anything....just basically get this problem fixed. Its a pretty scary feeling when a principal calls and says...the kids are gone...some guy from washington was just here...we didnt know what to do so we gave them to him. Sad thing is...they arent even my kids....but hey...we all get attached somehow. My main interest is looking out so this doesnt happen to anyone else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in