Port St Joe scalloping - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-22-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
Grouper

Default Port St Joe scalloping

Hey guys I'm thinking of taking the family scalloping and would like some leads from folks you know over in that or surrounding areas. I will want a 3 bR place on the bay with a boat slip, a pontoon rental, easy access to scalloping grounds, a good restaurant and maybe a concierge service that could do some grocery shopping and load my unit with groceries....oh and a pool...of course I can look all this up online but I want to use your resources first! Thanks y'all!
badazzchef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
Grand Slam

Port St Joe is a primitive place I don't think you will find what you are looking for. Presnells is on the water but they are a Campgrounds with electricity and water only. There are places for rent but as far as I know none are on the water. (What do I Know??). Good luck.
sealark is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
Trigger

You might think of going futher south, Cape San Blas Reality might be your best option if your wanting St. Joe, but its Smaller than Flomation Al. and those services are going to be hard to find. Good Luck.
Seegul51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #4
Grouper

You may want to look into the Crown Plaza downtown, they have most of what you are looking for. ............................. Well, except for the bay part and the boat slip and a pontoon rental, ........... oh, and easy access to scalloping grounds.

................ Did I mention it is in downtown St. Louis, MO? But you can see the Arch and you are almost on the waterfront, uh, well riverfront! ..... Hmmm, on second thought, they probably won't leave the light on fer ya either so just disregard what I said.
Framerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
Blue Marlin

It is called the Forgotten Coast and in some areas it is like stepping back in time. There are some nice condos and I agree that you might want to call a vacation agency in Cape San Blas. If you write the Appalachicola Chamber of Commerce and tell them what you want, they will send you some information on rentals and maps through the mail. At the main harbor of Port St. Joe there are rental pontoons and there is a captain who specializes in taking people out scalloping. I think that the name was Seahorse Safari.
SHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 10:45 AM   #6
Sailfish

Your best best might be to find a place on Cape San Blas on vrbo.com. It may take a little looking but I think that you should be able to find a place on the bay, with dock/slip, and a pool out on the Cape ... there are some fine places out there and alot of them are for rent. As far as the pontoon boat, concierge service, restaurant, etc ... you may just have to search on line and see what you can find.

I hope that helps. Good luck with your search and let me know if you find anything, might want to file it away for a future trip.
joebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
Grouper

Send a message via AIM to TOBO

http://www.capesanblasvacationrental...ront/bay-pines ,,this is where we are staying in Cape San Blas.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:39 PM   #8
Sailfish

That's what I'm talking about!!! That place looks sweet. Have a great time. When are you heading down there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBO View Post
http://www.capesanblasvacationrental...ront/bay-pines ,,this is where we are staying in Cape San Blas.
joebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
Grouper

Send a message via AIM to TOBO

Headed down next Saturday. I have never been and can't wait.

Last edited by TOBO; 07-24-2011 at 07:42 PM.
TOBO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in