Pensacola Sports Radio - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 05-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
AAR
Snapper

Default Pensacola Sports Radio

Am I the only one who wishes there were some decent sports talk radio in Pensacola?

I mean, Finebaum comes on from 2:00 - 4:00 and then all there is is Southern Sports Tonight, and I can't stand to listen to those goons - whose show is only worsened by the fact that every other commercial is Nick's Seafood with those God forsaken auburn fans.

Oh and by the way, whoever came up with the marketing strategy for that restaurant is about as smart as the owner. I would never set foot in that house of aub if my life depended on it.

I'm done venting now.

Roll Tide

Last edited by AAR; 05-25-2011 at 06:58 PM.
AAR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2011, 05:17 PM   #2
Grand Slam

Tell us how you really feel.

aroundthehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroundthehorn View Post
Tell us how you really feel.
I think he did!

SST is ok bout the only time I listen to it is during football season. Liked it better when Scott and Max was on there. That was years ago.

As an Alabama fan you need to try Nicks. Order the fresh mullet and the dude will go out and catch for ya. He did for me and my buddy. Cannot get any fresher than that.

Accutech Carpet And Tile Cleaning

850-529-1335
kelly1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
AAR
Snapper

I think I'd rather catch my own fresh mullet.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
Grand Slam

It is a well-known fact that Alabama fans and Auburn fans cannot eat in restaurants owned by the other team's fans.

Just kidding. The OP sounds like a poster from BamaMag or one of those other nutjob football sites.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
AAR
Snapper

Quote:
It is a well-known fact that Alabama fans and Auburn fans cannot eat in restaurants owned by the other team's fans.

Just kidding. The OP sounds like a poster from BamaMag or one of those other nutjob football sites.
I guess I am a nutjob. I wouldn't mind eating at an Auburn fan's restaurant. I've been doing it my whole life. Heck, I'm from Southeast Alabama. What I have a problem with is all their commercials being, "wahweagle!" and saying bad things about Nick Saban. I mean, come on!

I think the characters on those commercials sound like nutjob website posters.

By the way, aren't both you and I (aroundthehorn) posting on a website right now?
Old 05-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #7
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR View Post
I guess I am a nutjob. I wouldn't mind eating at an Auburn fan's restaurant. I've been doing it my whole life. Heck, I'm from Southeast Alabama. What I have a problem with is all their commercials being, "wahweagle!" and saying bad things about Nick Saban. I mean, come on!

I think the characters on those commercials sound like nutjob website posters.

By the way, aren't both you and I (aroundthehorn) posting on a website right now?
That's not the point. Only one of us is exhibiting irrational behavior (and it isn't me). If you don't like something on the radio, you should try changing the channel.

FWIW, I'm not college sports fan.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #8
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

If you have a smart phone there are plenty of apps that allow you to listen to sports from ESPN to Dan Patrick to, I'm guessing, Jim Rome and a lot of local sports stations from across the country, all for free. You can connect to your car or truck radio or your home stereo.

Depending on your car or truck it might be as simple as a small cable, or a small fm transmitter attached to your iphone that transmits on an unused frequency.

3G reception though can be spotty sometimes though, especially on the Interstates. But there are only a couple dead spots in town with AT&T.

But yeah, Pensacola lacks in sports radio.

Jim
jim t is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #9
AAR
Snapper

Quote:
That's not the point. Only one of us is exhibiting irrational behavior (and it isn't me). If you don't like something on the radio, you should try changing the channel.

FWIW, I'm not college sports fan.
Your not a sports fan, yet you feel compelled to respond to my thread titled Pensacola Sports Radio. That seems irrational. Particularly when you haven't added anything other than insulting me.

I don't think it is irrational to avoid businesses that espouse beliefs or opinions in direct contrast to my own. Heck, auburn fans have been avoiding Bromberg's in Birmingham for decades. Further, I don't think it is irrational for me to avoid programming that does the same through their sponsors' messages, which is what I am obviously doing since I'm complaining about a lack of sports radio options in Pensacola (again, refer to thread title and first paragraph).

FWIW, I'm bored waiting on a proposal to print out. Otherwise I wouldn't be posting about this nonsense.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #10
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim t View Post
But yeah, Pensacola lacks in sports radio.

Jim
This right here is the truth. It's also the case in Alabama and most of Mississippi.

I was ribbing the OP, but everything on sports radio in these areas is designed to piss you off. If it's not Shula, it's Tuberville. If it's not Chizik, it's Saban.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in