Pensacola Has Turned into South Central LA - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-03-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Pensacola Has Turned into South Central LA

Yesterday (Tuesday October 2, 2007) my 20 year old little sister was car jacked. She was helping a friend move into a house on South Davis Highway. She had borrowed my father's truck to help with the move. She left the house to go to the convenience store to pick up something to drink. She turned right on to Davis and then turned on Brainerd to head back towards 12th avenue to find a store. At the intersection of 6th and Brainerd, a man yelled at her to stop. Thinking that she had left something on top of the car, she naively stopped. When she did, 9 men ran out of the yards and houses on 6th and Brainerd. They surrounded her car, one pulled out a gun and yelled at her to get out of the car. Another man jumped into the window of her car. One well meaning citizen in that neighborhood yelled at her to "get out of here girl." She stepped on the gas and sped down the street. She was in hysterics at this point. She drove to her friend's house right down the road and got him to drive her to the Pensacola Police Department where she gave a statement and had the truck finger printed. Upon giving her statement, she was told by the Pensacola Police Department that 6th and Brainerd is a known crack house. They got her contact information and told her that a detective would come and take her statement the next day. After talking to her on the phone and hearing the whole story, I assured her that there was no way that these guys would get away with this. She had given the Pensacola Police an exact description of both the location and the individuals involved, and had immediately gone to the police department and evidence was collected from the truck. Sounded pretty open and shut to me. Well, the investigator came out to her house today and interviewed her. He spent 15 minutes getting her statement about the event, and then spent the rest of his time asking her why she was in that neighborhood (basically accusing her of buying crack.) This is absolutely unacceptable. There is a known crackhouse in Pensacola, Florida that is blocks away from the Pensacola Police Department, and when my sister has a gun pulled on her and her life threatened, she is questioned about whether or not she is a crack head. I am waiting to see if the Pensacola Police Department is going to step up to the plate and make some arrests in this matter. I hope that I will not be let down by my own city's police department, but we will see. I will update as this unfolds. But in the mean time avoid 6th and Brainerd, because I'm sure that there are other people in Pensacola that are as unaware as my family was that there is a crack house at this intersection, and I would hate to see this happen to someone else. Needless to say, she will be purchasing a gun in the near future which she will carry with her at all times. Its sad that in downtown Pensacola, Florida having a gun to drive the streets is a necessity these days, but I guess that's the world we live in.
spearfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
Snapper

Default RE: Pensacola Has Turned into South Central LA

Sorry to hear about that,i am glad she managed to get out of there safe though.Maybe everyone will get lucky and the police department will stepup and do something.Glad she is ok.
Last Chance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 07:17 PM   #3
Grouper

This really sucks. Needs to be reported in the news!!! Just makes me mad as hell!!! :hoppingmad

GEAUX TIGERS! GEAUX SAINTS!
FishinFool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #4
Sailfish

I hope they find the dirtbags. Glad to hear your sis is OK. I have a known crack house nextdoor to me, the cops have raided it twice in the last week. I am putting a big fence up to stop the dirtbags from running through my backyard to get away. A sign of the times I guess.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

wow Glad the outcome turned out like it did. Glad she wasn't hurt, killed or raped. Hope they clean up the problem there.

:banghead
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
Sailfish

Thank God she got away!!! Geeeeez... This place is getting worst and worst!! I remember when you never hardlyheard a siren over here in Pace... and now I am hearing them more and it's a shame. It was just such a peacefull area.
SheYakFishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 07:52 PM   #7
JEC
Ruby Red Lip

I agree, call the News Journal, and channel 3.Put some pressure on the Police Department.She did the right thing, to bad she didn't run over one of the scum bags.
JEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

One... I would of gotten smart with the Officer given the report, if he was askin me if i was down the buying crack.... (2) I hope she takes the CCW class for carrying the weapon... I took mine about a month ago and sent my paperwork in and I'm awaiting for it to come back... But what good would a gun do when she's by herself and has what'd you say 6 guys surrounding the car and one has a gun, ya take the one out with the gun but that does'nt mean the other 5 wont have any... I would of done just like she did, stomped on the gas and hoped to drag/run over one on the way out..
wld1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 09:22 PM   #9
Praedator
Grand Slam

More and more violent criminal activity seems to be going on in our area.I am glad everything ended fine with your sister, and I am sure she is shaken up pretty good. It is my worse fear that something will happen to either my wife or my daughter when I am not there to be able to protect them. Please, please ensure that those you love are able to protect themselves from senseless criminals.

Jon
Telum Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #10
Grouper

I appreciate all of the support. I hope that I can count on the Pensacola Police Department to step up to the plate and take care of this. I have faith in the system until it lets me down. Hopefully I won't have to lose my faith on this one.

I got the PM and I will be doing that soon. Thanks.
spearfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in