Pensacola Fair - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-23-2007, 09:15 AM   #1
Cigar Minnow

Default Pensacola Fair

I do not understand why a 21 year vet would have to pay anything to get in but there is a free mens night, ladies night,cox appr. day??? This is one more event this Vet will never attend and the rest of you should feel the same and show them who we are!
rodarts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: Pensacola Fair

Thanks for serving our country, my hat is off to you.:usaflag
Barnacle Brain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
Sailfish

They also have a MILITARY APPRECIATION DAY!!!! Check out the newspaper and it will tell you what each day is....

:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag:usaflag
SheYakFishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
Sailfish

<H1>Tuesday, October 23</H1><P class=maintext><U>Ladies Day</U> - Ladies of all ages will be admitted FREE to the Fairgrounds from 4 to 6 p.m. General Admission applies from 6 p.m. to closing.<P class=maintext><U>Military Appreciation Day</U> - ALL ACTIVE, RETIRED AND SPOUSE individual military personnel with proper identification will be admitted for $5 to the Fairgrounds all day long (does not include dependents).<P class=maintext><U>General Admission</U> - Admission $9 for everyone 11 years and older, $5 for ages 4 - 10, and free to children 3 and under at all times. Fair closes at 11 p.m. <P class=maintext><U>Handstamp Day</U> - Purchase a Handstamp for $17. Handstamps are good on all Reithoffer Midway Rides until closing. Individual ride tickets are also available all day long. <P class=maintext>Like he said, doesn't seem right. Ladies free, Vets save $4. No appreciation.
sosmarine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
Sailfish

I hear ya.... but then... he could go on Men's night... and it would be free.
SheYakFishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #6
Cigar Minnow

Point is WHY DOES A VET HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING??? I WOULD NOT GO EVER AGAIN!!! SAME AS WHEN I JOUNED I WAS PROMISSED FREE DENTAL AND MEDICAL FOR LIFE AND I HAVE NO DENTAL AND I HAVE TO PAY FOR TRI CARE MEDICAL
rodarts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
Mingo

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl6_lblFullMessage>Point is WHY DOES A VET HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>you know when I read your post this morning it rubbed me the wrong way and I was not going to reply but I showed it to a coworker of mine who retired with 27 years in the Navy and he LOL.I have to call you out on this one Mr.Rodarts.When you take a dump I bet it stinks just like the rest of us, if you go to sandy sansing nissan do you just point at one and they give you the keys. Do what I do and grab your wallet up off your hip and lay your money down. Do you shop at the base commissary? I can't. Don't go to the fair and you will do yourself a favor I went on Saturday and it was like getting robbed without a gun. You did 21 years of something I could not do and I thank you for that but don't go around with a chip on your shoulder and expect to get a discount everywhere you go.
Josey Wales is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2007, 08:50 PM   #8
Snapper

Quote:
Josey Wales (10/23/2007)<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl6_lblFullMessage>Point is WHY DOES A VET HAVE TO PAY ANYTHING</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

you know when I read your post this morning it rubbed me the wrong way and I was not going to reply but I showed it to a coworker of mine who retired with 27 years in the Navy and he LOL.I have to call you out on this one Mr.Rodarts.When you take a dump I bet it stinks just like the rest of us, if you go to sandy sansing nissan do you just point at one and they give you the keys. Do what I do and grab your wallet up off your hip and lay your money down. Do you shop at the base commissary? I can't. Don't go to the fair and you will do yourself a favor I went on Saturday and it was like getting robbed without a gun. You did 21 years of something I could not do and I thank you for that but don't go around with a chip on your shoulder and expect to get a discount everywhere you go.

I to am a 21 year veteran and agree with Josey Wales. Kind of funny how some people think.

I
RUSTY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2007, 10:31 PM   #9
Sailfish

If they didn't give anyone a discount or FREE admission, that would be fine. The thing that grips me, and I believe the point of this thread,is theyhave a "Mens Day", and a "Ladies Day" which are free. Then they have a "Military Appreciation Day" with a $4 discount. Not much appreciation in my opinion. I did 20 years.
sosmarine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2007, 10:47 PM   #10
Grand Slam

I agree that it would be nice to give vets free entrance to the fair, but also realize that because of our town, the fair would lose a ton of money on that night. I have a better solution. Let's not go to the fair at all! Talk to the local businesses and see what they think of the fair. All that money goes to one family and to an out of town group of carnie's. The fair is the worst thing for our economy right now. People will spend this month's rent and food check for dirty rides, rip-off games and greasy food. Doesn't make sense to me.

See you on the midway.
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in