Opinion on the S&W M&P AR-15 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-26-2008, 08:09 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Opinion on the S&W M&P AR-15

I am thinking about purchasing the S&W M&P AR-15 for LE carry. I was wondering if anyone had one, or has shot some rounds through it? Any opinions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Justin
bukshot01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2008, 08:20 PM   #2
Low speed, low drag.
Grand Slam

Default RE: Opinion on the S&W M&P AR-15

I have the 15A. Great carbine, better than the Colt I carried in the desert. Have about 500 rounds through it w/ no problems at all. You will not be disappointed.

Mike
grouper22 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
Grouper

I have the M&P OR (optic ready) and it runs flawless I dont think you will go wrong a S&W

punisher338 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
Sailfish

question, why would you need it and how would you carry it?

yes, this is an ignorant question from an ignorant poster. I guess I would have thought that would be more of a SWAT rifle which I figured you would be supplied.

Out of cursioty I did some looking. Looks like a price of about $1K? I guess that's not to bad. Would you have one to leave in your trunk in case you ever get in a shoot out?
AUradar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #5
Blue Marlin

Mikes outdoors has them onsale for 799. My buddy just so happened to buy one today and got the truglow red dot scope for it. He also bout the last case of ammo. We might go to the range tommorow and shoot it if it doesnt rain.
Pinksnappertrapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2008, 10:25 PM   #6
Sailfish

Yea thats where I saw it at... Mikes I plan on keeping it inside my car. Thanks for the input folks!
bukshot01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2008, 11:29 PM   #7
Mingo

I've had a lot of experience with the M-16/M4 and in my opinion they run great. Since the M&P is based off of the same design, any bugs or short comings the latter had should not be present in the M&P. My advice is to do your homework, knowledge is your best weapon. Here's a link to a review the Guns and Ammo did, hope it helps.

http://www.gunsandammomag.com/long_g...506/index.html
TBonds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2008, 12:02 AM   #8
Sailfish

Quote:
punisher338 (7/26/2008)I have the M&P OR (optic ready) and it runs flawless I dont think you will go wrong a S&W

Very ATAS. Is that a Gemtech can?
Corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2008, 12:04 AM   #9
Sailfish

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt width="80%">

<DIV id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl3_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer &#111;nmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_c tl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl3_s mAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopics Repeater__ctl3_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','< table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'4047 \'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'4047\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'4047\') ; &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" style="DISPLAY: inline" &#111;nclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl3_smAuthorName', '_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl 3_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'4047 \'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'4047\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'4047\') ; &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');">punisher338, what kind of aftermarket items have you put onyour AR? Where did you order them? Thanks for the info, I am looking to do some mods to mine.</DIV>

<DIV &#111;nmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_c tl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl3_s mAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopics Repeater__ctl3_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','< table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'4047 \'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'4047\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'4047\') ; &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" style="DISPLAY: inline" &#111;nclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlTopic_ ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl3_smAuthorName', '_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl 3_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'4047 \'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'4047\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'4047\') ; &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');">Thanks.</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
joebuck is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2008, 12:17 AM   #10
White Marlin

I've never owned a S&amp;W but I have shot them and they shoot and feel like most other quality ARs, i don't think you can go wrong for 799

This is my RRA, YHM free floated quad rail, YHM phantom 5c2flash suppressor, eotech512, Insight M6X long gun laser/light with pressure switch

biggamefishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in