operation wetback - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-08-2007, 11:42 PM   #1
Trigger

Default operation wetback

Here is something that should be of great interest for you to pass around.
Back during the Great Depression, President Herbert Hoover ordered the
deportation of all illegal aliens in order to make jobs available to
American citizens that desperately needed work.

And then again in 1954, President Dwight Eisenhower deported 13 million
Mexican nationals! The program was called "Operation "Wetback" so that
American WWII and Korean veterans had a better chance at jobs. It took 2
years, but they deported them!

Now, if they could deport the illegals back then, they can sure do it
today!! If you have doubts about the veracity of this information, enter
Operation Wetback into your favorite search engine and confirm it for
yourself.

Reminder. Don't forget to pay your taxes... 12 million illegal aliens are
depending on you!
Bowed Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
Sailfish

Default RE: operation wetback

Hell ya.:clap Im tired of pressing 1 for english.:banghead
Old 10-09-2007, 11:20 PM   #3
Trigger

amen
hewes22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2007, 11:30 PM   #4
Snapper

:withstupid:clap
ditchdoctor81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 06:26 AM   #5
Sailfish

Send a message via MSN to David Ridenour Send a message via Yahoo to David Ridenour

Along the same topic I heard on the radio yesterday ABC ran a poll and estimate as many as 38 MILLION illegals are in the country, almost 3 times the governments estimate.:moon I can't seem to find it though.
David Ridenour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #6
Sailfish

While I believe most of us red blooded American's would agree to this philosophy, there's one big problem; our wussy a## government leaders. We're talking about an entirely different nation now than during WW2. Back then, everyone stood behindthis country and patriotism was paramount, now we have to deal with the likes of the ACLU and others that cannot seem to grasp the fact that we are destroying our great nation from within. Can you imagine our government actually interring all Muslims as they did the Japanese during WW2? I'm just a bit too young to speak to this from personal experience, but aren't we kinda in the same situation today fighting terrorism and Al Quaeda? Obviously not all Muslims are terrorists, but then, neither were the Japanese Americans of that time, our enemies, but they were contained none the less. Right or wrong our leaders did what they thought best for the country and as far as I can tell, without any of the grief they'd get today. Not to stir the pot, just trying to provoke some thought. Given the opportunity to support deportation of illegals, I'm 100% in favor and believe it would be a better investment than the billions we're spending on Iraq. :usaflag
cuzmondo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 10:43 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

I truly believe this is a grey issue in our society and that many people have different opinion's one side you have people who for the most part do not have to interact with illegals and say deportation is the answer and on the other side you have people who interact with these illegals on a day to day bases, who would say deportation is dismissive.

I post this to voice my opinion;

1. For the people who say they are taking are jobs I say we should place the shovels back in their hands, let them get back on there knees to scrub the floors, and leaf blowers placed in the bed of their trucks so they scurry ofat5:30 in the morning to clean all the lawns in your community.Better yet if there is no more beaners left to do the jobs that no one else will do it seems to me we might need toget little Susie and Johny out of college and have them do the worksince we gotten rid of 38 million labors that bare the sweat of a nation

2.For the people who say we support these illegals I wonder what the government does with all that money takenout these peoples checksb/c they don't file and get refunds likemostlow income Americans, not to include sales tax these 38 million people spend in our country(mainly at walmart)oke Look up welfare stats and the people most likely to receive welfare are young white or black females with multiple children

I'm not trying to make light of a serious problem but there are ways to benefit from these illegals that are government is as said in the other post above are wussies

lets take advantage of people trying to come to the land of opportunity, but lets at least get them to sign the guest book on the way in.If wekeep track of these people and make them pay higher taxes for all the services we endure and tax the money going back to there countrywe would profit in many ways other than having our lawns cut at a cheap price

One last thing on my rant is I am NOT FOR ILLEGAL IMMAGRATION!!! but if we can benefit from this in an intelligent way(hell if we can place men on the moon how hard is it to keep up with jose:banghead) lets put are heads together and act as the super power we are b/c the longer we let this go they are going to take this country with out ever firing a bullet:usaflag

toro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
Snapper

That's a very good point. The problem with America today isn't that we have too many illegal immigrants, it's that the work ethic of our society has changed from WWII. I've seen plenty of people bitch and moan about illegal immigrants, but they aren't willing to do the hard ass jobs that they come to this country and do. And they do it with a smile on their face and work all the overtime you will give them. If Americans were willing to work like that instead of popping out babies and expecting more of a check to sit on their asses, this wouldn't even be an issue. Obesity would dissappear, illegal immigrants would stop coming to America because there wouldn't be jobs for them, American morale would rise and the economy would start to boom again. Until people get over this laziness, I'm not sure what direction we're heading. People have to stop expecting a handout and start working for their money.
bellafishing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 11:06 AM   #9
Sailfish

Send a message via MSN to David Ridenour Send a message via Yahoo to David Ridenour

We might as well start working on Toro's position.The reality is our government has demonstrated regardless of our feelings, they (illegals)are here to stay. I dare say within a few years there will basically be no borders between any North American countries. Don't know if he's lying or not but Vicente Fox says Bush has agreed to some type of regional currency with Mexico and Canada.Thats the first step!:banghead

The mention of the sales tax is noteworthy in that if we could pass a consumption tax (The Fair Tax) these folks would at least help pay for much of the infrastructure they are using. We should also tax the hell out of anyone wanting to wire money to any other country that can't show they are a here legally or a legal citizen of this country.
David Ridenour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

this might be a radical statement but I have often wondered if I'm crazy for thinking this or are there other like me who think the same.

here it goes why don't we buy mexico like we bought alaska and or hawaii!

I know the way we took Hawaii was kind of messed up but isn't Hawaii better offwith us as owners than if some south Asian government would have concord the islands

Hell I love the gulf coast it my true paradise but think of the possisbilities of a gulf coast spanning all the way to belize not to mention the prosperity we would bring to the mexican people. U.S. government may not be perfect but we are leaps and bounds ahead of the mexican government

just a thought
toro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in