Obama's Latest display of Audacity - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to PompNewbie Send a message via Yahoo to PompNewbie
Default Obama's Latest display of Audacity

TRUE PER SNOPES!
<TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>What a disgrace! <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Obama The Patriot - Removes American Flag From His Plane

The Patriot Room
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:11:07 AM by Bill Dupray

Barack Obama recently finished a $500,000 total overhaul of his 757. And as part of the new design, he decided to remove the American flag from the tail...
What American running for President of the United States would remove the symbol of his country? And worse, he replaced the flag with it with a symbol of himself...
<U>
</U>
Please foward this on if you're not ashamed of your country or it's flag &amp; think this is a disgrace!<U>
</U>
<HR>

As part of a month-long aircraft makeover, a painted American flag was removed from the tail of Sen. Barack Obama's official campaign airplane and was replaced with the presidential candidate's trademark "O" symbol.

The refurbished 757 was unveiled to members of the news media today, 41 of whom boarded the craft and took off to meet Obama in Amman, Jordan, where the presidential candidate will stop as part of a Middle Eastern and European tour.

Obama traveled to the Mideast earlier this week on board a separate airplane.

Fox News blogger Bonny Kapp, traveling on Obama's new airplane, reported:

"The North American jet that flew Obama and his traveling crew around for much of the primary season was refurbished with new seats and power for each passenger a must on the campaign trail. And the plane that once had an American flag on its tail now sports the Obama 'O.'"

(Story continues below)

Obama's 'O' symbol is red, white and blue.

Most official U.S. government aircraft, including Air Force One, have U.S. flags on their tails.

Both <U>Fox News</U> and <U>the Chicago Sun-Times</U> posted pictures of the Obama campaign's redressed airplane, which does not have an American flag or any other U.S. national symbols on the section that sports the airplane door from which Obama and his team will enter and exit.

The airplane boasts Obama's anthem, "Change We Can Believe In" and the candidate?s website address.

<TABLE align=right><TBODY><TR><TD>
The plane that Sen. Barack Obama will use on his campaign features his slogan and his Web address (Courtesy Sun-Times)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The aircraft also has required identification numbers and a U.S. flag to identify the nationality of the aircraft.

According to Chicago Sun-Times reporter Lynn Sweet, the refurbished Obama aircraft features a "first class" section for the candidate and his closest advisors; several "business class" seats, and a large coach section, usually meant for the traveling press corps.

Sweet reported fruit and cheese platters greeted reporters on board the flight. Dinner options offered were beef medallions, baked tilapia or eggplant parmesan.

She wrote the Obama campaign provided overnight kits for the flight that include toothbrush, mouthwash, socks, Neutrogena body lotion and lip moisturizer, Scope mouthwash, ear plugs and a blindfold for sleeping. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington
PompNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Roll Tider
White Marlin

Default RE: Obama's Latest display of Audacity

This is just one of the many things that are coming apparent to everyone why not to vote for this guy.:usaflag
Old 07-30-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Trigger

Quote:
The aircraft also has required identification numbers and a U.S. flag to identify the nationality of the aircraft.
I don't care for the man, nor do I intend to vote for him, but let's not go overboard here...there is still a flag on his aircraft (as required by international law), just not the big one on the tail. The quote above is from the original post above.

Harry
Harry Brosofsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2008, 09:30 PM   #4
WW2
Sailfish

Wow....too funny. Now he is unamerican because he took the flag off the tail? Well, there are some seriously unamerican people in this country...How many are still flying the flag since they had it up at their house right after 9/11???

I'm half tempted to vote for the guy just because it seems the people that are against him are worried about the dumbest shit I have ever heard of. It's dumb shit like this that makes half the world look at us and laugh. Are you freaking serious? Don't vote for Obama because he uses marketing strategy? At least the O has the right colors in it. Remember red, white and blue? Those would be the colors of our nation. I honestly hope he keeps up stuff like this. Makes it easier to identify people.
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
Trigger

WW2, you hit it on the head! Nice post.:mmmbeer
SeaBit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #6
Trigger

my flag is still up
onoahi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #7
WW2
Sailfish

http://www.snopes.com/politics/mccai...#gettingtoknow

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/obama.asp

This is what really tells the tale, McCain has 3 articles on Snopes, I didn't bother to count Obama's, what I did notice was how many of them are red. Most. Obama is also listed as the #2 of the hottest urban legends. This would mean that most of what is said about him is a flat out lie. So, it would make sense then that his oponents are the ones doing the lying. I may not like Obama or McCain, but I do know which side isn't bothering to lie to win.....
Old 07-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #8
WW2
Sailfish

Mine too, the only one within eyesight of my house, with the exception of the school. At one time there were 2 on the street without.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #9
Grouper

Obomba is the messiah,do not question anything he does.Ever notice he has an explanation or excuse for everything.He is the ONE we have been waiting for.....He is so full of shit.:looser
Old 07-30-2008, 10:03 PM   #10
Mingo

What worries me is that the last time the country went for a "change " candidate we elected Jimmy Carter president. He came into office with similar economic circumstances and things changed ,they gota lotworse.While President Carter has done much that is praise worthy since he left office he was arguably the worst president in recent history.I say this despite the fact that he is from my home state and I voted for him the first time.If Obama goes in he has already stated he is going to enact many of the policies that Carter tried unsuccessfully. I don't doubt Obama's patriotism;I just don't think like his ideas.
Jim/Ga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in