Obama - A soldier's perpective - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-25-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
Sailfish

Default Obama - A soldier's perpective

<P align=left>Got this from my military friends and they don't usually send too much BS...looks authentic but I'll let you decide. <P align=left>I saw Clinton (and Hilary) do the same thing at Ft Bragg after they visitied to "check on the troops" after a major aircraft accident which killed 23 Army paratroopers. Pure photo op...<P align=center>===================================== ===============

Subject: From our friend who is serving in Afghanistan

Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tiffany and Jeff Porter are friends who live in Virginia.

(Below is from Tiffany)

I don't know each of your personal political convictions, and apologize if anyone finds this offensive. I thought it was important enough to share. This is Jeff's first hand view of Senator Obama.

Tiffany<P align=center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone,

As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to 'The War Zone'. I wanted to share with you what happened.

He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram. As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the American's back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are providing the freedom that they are providingfor you. I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States. I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-in-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide thefreedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what kind of caliber of personhe really is. What you see in the news is all fake.

In service,

CPT Jeffrey S. Porter

Battle Captain

TF Wasatch

American Soldier
grouper1963 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2008, 07:30 AM   #2
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

Default RE: Obama - A soldier's perpective

They were talking about him on CNN last night, he went to a base in Iraq and wouldnt visit the wounded soilders inthe hospital, he said it wouldnt be appropriate to visit while on his campaign trail.Someone then fired back that its never inappropriate to visit wounded servicemen.:usaflag
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
Trigger

Can anyone tell me something he has done, or can anyone tell me of a solution he has to our issues today? I am not talking about well read words, I am talking solutions. What is his immediate solution to the energy crisis? I am glad he played basketball, because he is like the ball, all over the place. He embarrassed Americans yesterday in Germany. We are all wrong and he is going to fix it. I am sure glad he is liked by the media, I am so sick of seeing his ads, if he was a Colin Powell, I would be all for him, but he is worse than slick willy.
Seegul51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #4
Sailfish

Quote:
Seegul51 (7/25/2008)Can anyone tell me something he has done, or can anyone tell me of a solution he has to our issues today? I am not talking about well read words, I am talking solutions. What is his immediate solution to the energy crisis? I am glad he played basketball, because he is like the ball, all over the place. He embarrassed Americans yesterday in Germany. We are all wrong and he is going to fix it. I am sure glad he is liked by the media, I am so sick of seeing his ads, if he was a Colin Powell, I would be all for him, but he is worse than slick willy.
His solutions? ... "Hope"

That's about all I've heard from this guy. "Blah, blah, blah, hope, blah, blah, change, blah, blah."

Someone here on PFF has a great line in their signature. I can't remember who it is. I belive the line is "Hope is not an acceptable plan of action."
FelixH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2008, 08:30 AM   #5
Trigger

We all "Hope" to win the lottery, but reality is we have towork to afford the tickets. I "HOPE" the American people will start to see thru him, I like the new name assigned to him, "Flip Flop".
Seegul51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2008, 08:37 AM   #6
Trigger

Obama doesnt really want to be president he just wants his fame thats all. Go Mcain:usaflag :usaflag
bottomfisher01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #7
Snapper

This man is a Actor or Puppet, which ever you perfer, and he is good at it. All I know is if something like 911 was to happen again, this man would not have a clue! He doesnt have any experience with anything related to being a Commander and Chief of this country.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #8
Sailfish

Quote:
Seegul51 (7/25/2008)Can anyone tell me something he has done, or can anyone tell me of a solution he has to our issues today? I am not talking about well read words, I am talking solutions. What is his immediate solution to the energy crisis? I am glad he played basketball, because he is like the ball, all over the place. He embarrassed Americans yesterday in Germany. We are all wrong and he is going to fix it. I am sure glad he is liked by the media, I am so sick of seeing his ads, if he was a Colin Powell, I would be all for him, but he is worse than slick willy.
He got rid of Billary.....:usaflag:usaflag:usaflagHe does remind me of Ohio State....oke
kahala boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #9
Grouper

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/07...ps-in-germany/

Barack Obama?s campaign said Thursday that the Illinois senator opted not to visit U.S. troops at military facilities in Germany because it would be ?inappropriate? to make such a stop on the campaign-funded leg of his trip.

The German magazine Der Spiegel reported earlier that Obama canceled a visit to the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, a military hospital in Germany, and the Ramstein Air Base.

The report came as Obama prepared to speak to thousands at a high-profile address in Berlin.

Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs released a statement saying Obama originally wanted to visit troops at Landstuhl to ?express his gratitude for their service and sacrifice,? and noted that he already visited troops in Iraq while he was part of an official congressional delegation.

But he said the second leg of Obama?s trip was different.

?The senator decided out of respect for these servicemen and women that it would be inappropriate to make a stop to visit troops at a U.S. military facility as part of a trip funded by the campaign,? Gibbs said.

John McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said, ?Barack Obama is wrong. It is never inappropriate to visit our men and women in the military.?

McCain?s Senate colleague Jon Kyl, R-Ariz., also took a shot at Obama.

?I noticed that Obama had plenty of time to shoot hoops ? but he didn?t have the time to stop by (the Ramstein base),? he told FOX News.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:54 PM   #10
Trigger

that is just another reason i like McCain. i was a soldier for 8 yrs (Kosovo, Afghanistan and Iraq) and am currently here in Barsa Iraq (as a contractor now). i will always vote for a person that understands the military and there to do whatever he can for them. i know a lot of people hate Bush but while i was in (97-05) he did more for me than anybody in his shoes did. thats just my opinion.
Liquid Medication is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in