Nito RC Buggy tracks? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Nito RC Buggy tracks?

I have loved racing and driving the offroad 1/8th scale rc buggies for a long time. I used to race in south Florida and it was huge down there! It seems like the is nether any interest in the hobby or any tracks around here. Would love to find some people that like nitro buggies as well and setup a track. Think a track would be a big hit in gulf breeze and draw a lot of attention! What do you guys think? And if anyone has any buggies lying around that they wanna get rid of pm me and we might be able to trade for something. Thanks
FlatsBoy10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
Land-Locked
Grouper

There are tracks in Mobile, AL, Silverhill, AL, and FWB. FWB is electric only, and Silverhill is really hit or miss on racing. It's basically whenever the owner feels like racing (almost never anymore). Silverhill has onroad and offroad.

Mobile has a pretty good turn out when it's not raining, but we just lost a couple Nitro Buggy guys to relocating (USCG). Pretty much everyone from Pensacola takes the trip over to Mobile for racing. There's a race this weekend (maybe), but it'll probably be cancelled or have a poor turnout as a lot of us are going to Flowood, MS for a large regional race.

Mobile: http://www.mobilercracing.com/
Silverhill: http://www.xtremezonerc.com/
FWB: https://www.facebook.com/btrc.central

They're also racing Onroad (if that floats your boat) in Pensacola at Hobby Central, but I don't really know much about it other than it's a temp. track they layout just for the races.
BrakeTurnAccelerate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
Sailfish

We have a city owned track in Orange Beach
doradohunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
Trigger

thanks...def gonna have to check it out! Mobile is just a little far but might just have to make the drive. sucks more people arent into it. Do you guys race nitro?
FlatsBoy10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
Mingo

I have two electric 1/10 RC cars. One Rustler and a 4X4 Slash (both Traxxas). I've been to the off road track in Silverhill (30 minute drive). Nice track but I've been the only one there when I've gone, usually Saturday afternoons. There's a track in Orange Beach by The Keg which I need to visit.

We need an off road track in Pensacola. Just by the people I see at the local hobby shops there's plenty of folks that own RC cars.
Sea Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
Sailfish

My cousin used to race road cars up off Davis by the hobby shop, tradewinds I believe. they were talking about starting an offroad part. I would check out that store I was told the owner was the one putting on the races, check with him on schedule.
flukedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #7
Cigar Minnow

Cool Offroad RC Track Opening May 13th, 2017 in Pensacola, FL

Still no offroad RC Race Track in the Pensacola area, SO we built one!

It will be the biggest offroad track in the area.

We are opening May13th and will be open 7 days a week.

Tickets and more info on facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1896992950564289/
jasonkingcobra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2017, 06:39 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

Wirelessly posted

Way to go.

If you build it... they will come.

Capitalism at its best.

Wishing you much success on your venture.
Orion45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2017, 10:02 PM   #9
White Marlin

Let's hope there's actually some nitro out there and not all brushless battery boys.
NKlamerus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2017, 06:06 AM   #10
Land-Locked
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkingcobra View Post
Still no offroad RC Race Track in the Pensacola area, SO we built one!

It will be the biggest offroad track in the area.

We are opening May13th and will be open 7 days a week.

Tickets and more info on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/events/1896992950564289/
I really don't think you'll be back on here, but if you are, here's my $0.02.

First a foremost, figure out what you want your track to be. You've mentioned hosting nationals "soon" before. Take a look at Thornhill R/C, R/C Tracks of Las Vegas, or Silver Dollar Raceway on YouTube. All of those facilities are world-class facilities, that HAVE hosted ROAR Nationals and IFMAR World Championship races. That is the level you will need to attain, if you really do desire to hold Nationals.

Find the right people to help guide you, and listen to them. As you're building your track, everyone is going to tell you how best to do it. This has been the downfall to ALL the tracks in the area. It's what caused the track in Silverhill to fold and it's what caused the track in Ocean Springs to fold as well. They both listened to and tried to cater to the wrong people. They spent tons of money on improvements, which did nothing to attract more racers. Find people who have raced at more than local races before, who've run a track before, who've worked in the hobby and listen to them.

I won't go too much into specifics, unless you really want me to, but there's already a few things you're doing, which are going to hurt turnout to your facility. Not trying to be a debbie-downer, I just want the track to succeed. Having a nice track/facility that's only 35 minutes away, would be pretty huge for me.
BrakeTurnAccelerate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in