newer truck prices! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Like Tree6Likes

Old 02-15-2016, 11:08 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default newer truck prices!

WOW.

So...... old green is getting up there in miles and wear. I've owned her since '02, put 400,000 miles on her and dang she's been a good truck. Haven't had a vehicle payment since '07 and man it sure has been nice. Well she's kinda getting to where she's a death trap to drive, power steering is intermittent at best, ball joints constantly going out, you never know when a tire is going to fold up on you. Every bushing in the steering and suspension is gone, its actually like playing russian roulette, the only thing you know for sure is when you turn the key she is going to start up and run.

So today i cheated on her a little and started browsing newer trucks, And HOLY CRAP 35k for a used truck 50K+ for a new truck. I found a nice low mileage truck for 27K thats still $450-500 a month on a 60 month loan. Aint no way i would come off that coin unless i absolutely had to. So its off to the parts store tomorrow i think i'll just bandage up old green and keep on truckin.
Dive1 likes this.
capt'n slim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2016, 11:20 PM   #2
eating tasty
White Marlin

It's absolutely crazy. Guy I work with just spent $65,000 on an f-150! How is that even possible? Sure it's got bells and whistles and piles of electronic crap that will go out in five years but it's a gas burning ford! Not even a diesel! It's just a truck. Trucks used to be for hauling crap and work. Now they are the redneck version of the urban 25 inch rims on an old Monte Carlo impractical nonsense.
Deeplines and johnsonbeachbum like this.
FenderBender is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 11:22 PM   #3
Green Eggs And Ham
Grand Slam

I feel the same way I look at new car prices and just say i-d be damned.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:34 PM   #4
Grouper

They keep going up, because people will pay it. Some people don't care as long as it fits their monthly budget. Used to, 4yrs was the standard. Now you cant afford the pmts for a 4yr loan. If people would stop paying those crazy prices, guess what would happen. SMH
(o)_)-o-(o)_)-o-)_)
Tightline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 11:36 PM   #5
Grand Slam

Completely ridiculous. People drive around in trucks that cost more than a lot of HOUSES!! I laugh at the guys driving diesels jacked way up, big rims, MUD tires (like a diesel is anyone's off road choice...), light bars, etc etc, when my old 2wd f250 sees way more dirt than their jewelry box does, and I ain't paying 6-700 a month!

And what about mid size truck prices, holy freakin cow, priced a new Tacoma lately???
sure,icanfish is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2016, 11:57 PM   #6
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

2010 sticker was 39K, 2014 sticker was 49K........I didn't pay that much but 10K in a 4 year period is a very inflated price!!!

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2016, 12:30 AM   #7
Grand Slam

Prices are out of control. I really want/need a diesel to pull my trailer every day. But after looking at them last week. Will drive the white beast till she gives up, build a new power plant, with a built tranny for towing and keep on plugging. 208k now, easily make 300 and I would bet on 400k. Keep oil changed, stay on top of maintenance and enjoy it!
jaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2016, 12:57 AM   #8
Blue Marlin

Buddy of mine bought an 05 duramax crew cab slight lift and I think he paid right under 20k. They are all high dollar now a days
wld1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2016, 07:48 AM   #9
Grouper

Truck prices are nuts. I'll never buy new again.
grouper1963 likes this.

GEAUX TIGERS! GEAUX SAINTS!
FishinFool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2016, 07:57 AM   #10
Grand Slam

I just ordered a new 2016 3500 with the cumming diesel from the factory for 40k stripped with radio side step rail and electric brake control for a trailer. All the other accessories can be added much cheaper than from the dealers. Now they wont look as nice as the installed but will work as good. It took a lot of haggling but it can be done. Call a dealer in texas and tell them you are willing to travel for the right deal. when they give you there lowest go local they will meet it. The dealers are all in bed together and have minimums that they are allowed to go to. They will all try to get you to add things on to make massive profits. I had to wait 6 weeks for my truck because they didn't have anything available stripped like I wanted. In the end I paid way to much for what I got but what the hell you cant take it with you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in