NEED YOU INPUT - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 AM   #1
Grand Slam

Default NEED YOU INPUT

Badazzchef is running a contest next week on the fresh sheet. All the cooks get to come up with a menu item. Ever who sells the most gets free tickets to the Willie Nelson concert. Chris handles the fresh sheet for about 5 weeks with each week a different theme, IE Spanish, Mexican, French, Asian and whatnot. About every 6 weeks he lets his help make up the sheet and it is varied from Indian food to just plan on Meat and taters.

Once Chris is CATERING the Willie concert, BECAUSE WILLIE PUT IT IN THE CONTRACT, ( Long story but basically Charlie Daniels told Willie to use the same caterer because it was the best he has had in his 40 years of the music business) I'm sure I will be helping him so I have a ticket to the concert anyways, at least I hope, BUT THIS IS ABOUT WINNING. LOL..........

Here is the question? When you go into a restaurant would you be MORE or LESS likely to order a plate if all the choices are laid out for you, say as in a four course meal, or would you rather pick what you want around the meal??

I was looking at using the house salad of course, a set app., the meal and offering your choice between two desserts.

Here is what I worry about, I'm strange so I may eat sushi for a app. and I don't care for desserts so would not care to have it forced upon me. I will always eat a cheesecake, red velvet cake or a german cake though.

You know after typing this I think I answered my own question, still would like to see what you think. Is it easier for you to decide what to order if it is all on the menu what you are going to get or do you think, well I would rather have this over that. I can't tell you what I plan on putting on the menu yet. OH, It is steak related though but with a twist I'm sure 90% have never eaten.

IF I win and whoever I team up with doesn't want the tickets I plan on putting in on the website for auction, top price is face value, and the proceeds will go to the RFRA.
Deeplines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 07:43 AM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: NEED YOU INPUT

i like to pick my own items. i know what i like best for myself, not what some chef thinks EVERYBODY will like. that being said, i dont MIND if the meal is planned out either when my brain is dead and i just want to eat. so there you are murph, one opinion, two sides:banghead
725 W Garden St (corner of A and Garden)
791-6607
[email protected]
http://www.pensacolaimports.com
freespool50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
Ruby Red Lip

I like to pick my own appetizer and I don't care for dessert, but I do prefer a main course that has been thoughtfully balanced (foodss that complement each other) by the chef. That being said, pairing appetizers with main courses may be a good idea, too.
bigfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2007, 08:40 AM   #4
Sailfish

I like to pick my own items but I am bad about what you can mix with what and what it does on your pallet. So here is my suggestion. Have it set with certain sides etc. (Cause a chef knows what is best with what) But have subsitutions available that would also be good. That way you are recomending the food be served with X and X but you are not forcing it on them. They still have choices.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:57 AM   #5
Sailfish

Send a message via MSN to David Ridenour Send a message via Yahoo to David Ridenour

I guess it depends on the clientelle. In a high end restaraunt I think diners expect the Chef to make the pairings and choices.If its an everyday ordinary food type menu I think those diners would prefer choices.
David Ridenour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #6
Sailfish

Send a message via ICQ to bamasam Send a message via AIM to bamasam Send a message via Yahoo to bamasam

I would much rather have an option of what sides I get Murph as long as there are not too many, many time me and Precious will ordr different sides with the same main course and share the sides. I would really prefer the option of an appetizer or dessert included with the meal but if appetizers are offered I want them soon and not something that is going to take as long to cook as my meal. Choice will win customers over as long as you do not bombard them with too many..ie soup/salad, dressing, beans , taters, corn, roll or cornbread,grilled/blackened/fried/poached..etc

Give choices but keep them to a minimum as too not make it a chore to order. Ohh and "would you like fries with that" should never be uttered in a fine dining restraunt. :banghead:banghead
bamasam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
White Marlin

I like options....yeah, options are good.
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 08:56 AM   #8
Grand Slam

Thanks folks I will just work on the main dish.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:33 AM   #9
Grand Slam

Well, today is the last day of the contest. Me and my partner, who's dad happens to be a charter cap'n out of ZEKES, has pretty much won the contest. They quit keeping score over the weekend. LOL....

I will find out today what the prizes are. IF it is a WILLIE ticket I will be auctioning it off and giving the money to RFRA. I'll post what we put on the menu tonight after work.

Thanks for ya'lls input. :bowdown

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in