Need some business advice - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 01-08-2010, 05:48 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Need some business advice

Business is painfully slow right now and we're not making it on lunches alone. Do you guys think it would be worth mine and Corinas while to open for dinner Friday and Saturday nights with a good dinner menu at reasonable prices? We're banging our heads against each other looking for ways to bring more business in. There's not much action downtown at night. I know we used to make an effort on a regular basis to go to Scotto's even though it was out of our way, but the food was worth it. Any input is welcomed. I know Darhma Blue and Tre Freteli is open for dinner so that would be the competition from the square. Give us some input. Our brains are tired!:banghead:banghead
rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: Need some business advice

With food as good as ya'lls, I believe you could pull some descent crowds on those two nights. I'd be up to eating on Fri. or Sat. nights because it's a little hard to get there during the week sometimes! What ever you decide good luck and keep the good food cooking!!!

Dive Captain
Escambia Search and Rescue
Volunteers Always Needed
devildog83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48

advertise as much as you can too...i know all the people i have told about the cafe has never heard of it...just my .02
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
White Marlin

Well if your not making it with just lunch it's your only option. You should start a post on cheap advertising to get a few ideasto make iteconomical to get your name out there. There is not to many great places to eat in Pensacola so you have a good shot. I persomaly would stick to the smallest crew and let the marketmake you hire more people later.JMO
Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #5
Grouper

Thanks for the input guys. Advertising has done absolutely nothing for us. No matter how much we advertise, we still get "we didn't know you were here". We advertised giving coupons out with free bowls of gumbo with PNJ for several weeks and got - count 'em - one - yes, one coupon back. We're considering doing a simple menu like roast beef with gravy and rice, mediterranean chicken, gumbo poopas, blackened fish topped with seafood, smothered pork chops. Kind of one of each, beef, seafood, chicken and pork. Not a Ruby Tuesday type of menu. Do you think that would fly?
Old 01-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
Grand Slam

This last weekend, a local seafood chain had the yellow sticky thing on the front of the PNJ Newspaper. Buy one get one free. Well that thing was fought over in my house to the point the I went and bought two more papers. That way, all who wanted this coupon, got one. Problem solved.

I am not sure how much that advertising would cost, but I bet that establishment is busy this week. Just Food for thought.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #7
White Marlin

No personal experience with them, but I believe WXBM 102.7 has good advertising:letsdrink
whome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

You guys serve beer? Why not do a Wed. Night meet up and see if you get any other costumers in..!
wld1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

Quote:
wld1985 (1/8/2010)You guys serve beer? Why not do a Wed. Night meet up and see if you get any other costumers in..!
Great Idea..................:clap
Old 01-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
Grouper

We have a beer and wine license. I have a weekly commitment on Wednesday nights. I don't know about corrinas, but I'll check with her and see. We tried being open for Gallery night, no good. We tried being open for music in the park, no good. But yes, a Wednesday night may be something we could pull off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in