Need a good seafood restaurant in Mobile near Dawes Road - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 08-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #1
Trigger

Default Need a good seafood restaurant in Mobile near Dawes Road

I need some recommendations for a seafood restaurant near Dawes Road in Mobile. I'm headed over to visit my Grandpa and want to take him out to eat at a nice seafood place. He lives near Jeff Hamilton Road near the airport...I'm from Pensacola, so I am clueless as to the places to eat in Mobile. Any help is appreciated!
Dubie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #2
Sailfish

Location: Ozark, Missouri - 6 miles from Bass Pro Shops' world headquarters; and the entire gulf coast area.

Believe it or not there are not that many great seafood places in Mobile. Most all of them are on the east side of town,, and the 2 or 3 really good ones are on the causeway between Mobile and Spanish Fort. The Original Oyster House and Blue Gills are both there and they are both good.
fishn4real is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
Mingo

There is a Wintzels Oyster House on Airport just east of Cody road. There is also a Bonefish Grill across the street. I know these are chain restaraunts but they are the only decent ones I can think of in that area of Mobile. The other seafood restaraunts are mostly on the causeway or maybe a few in south Mobile or on the western shore of the bay.
Bluesbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #4
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishn4real View Post
Believe it or not there are not that many great seafood places in Mobile. Most all of them are on the east side of town,, and the 2 or 3 really good ones are on the causeway between Mobile and Spanish Fort. The Original Oyster House and Blue Gills are both there and they are both good.
what he said, and the next guy, if ya want a good seafood dinner for pops, get on the causeway.
spear em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #5
Grouper

How about the greyhound park dog track on dawes road. I have never been there but the food on the commertials looks good. I have heard positive things about their crab claws and gumbo but I have never eaten there. Maybe someone else can comment on it. If you do go to the mobile bay causeway I perfer Eds seafood shed over the others.
dsar592 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2011, 11:00 AM   #6
Cigar Minnow

Default Lighthouse

The lighthouse in Bayou La Batre is as good as they get if you want fried seafood
country is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

X2 on the Original Oyster House located on the causeway. You can see it from the interstate as you drive over to Mobile. Not sure how close that is to your Grandfather.
SHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in