NCAA rule 7-2 exception 2 - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Mingo

Default NCAA rule 7-2 exception 2

Am I missing something on this rule? Google it and read the rule, NCAA football rules 2009-2010. It says a ball is dead on a fumble if a player on fumbleing team recovers fumble other than the player who fumbled on 4th down. So how can the kicker for LSU advance the ball for a 1st down? It is either a forward pass incomplete or a dead ball at spot of recovery. Yes I am crying and a sore loser etc............. but I did wait a month until it does not matter.
bare bones 24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
Trigger

dude you are missing something, it wasn't deemed a fumble because he didn't lose possession of the ball he intentionaly passed it, now it goes to forward or backwards. you know the results.

BA
cape horn 24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

Barebones24 I agree with you, it is either a forward pass or a lateral and once it jits the groumd as a lateral it is deemed a fumble. Period. But it is what it is, and if the gators would have been ready for some trickery. It would have been game over anyway. That one is on Meyer for not telling our new DC how much of a gambler Miles is.
lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cape horn 24 View Post
dude you are missing something, it wasn't deemed a fumble because he didn't lose possession of the ball he intentionaly passed it, now it goes to forward or backwards. you know the results.

BA
By definition a lateral that hits the ground is a fumble the ball is not in possession. It can't be advanced. But it was. Waaa waaa waaa still cryin.
bare bones 24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #5
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bare bones 24 View Post
By definition a lateral that hits the ground is a fumble the ball is not in possession. It can't be advanced. But it was. Waaa waaa waaa still cryin.
this is pretty strange. didn't think about this before and at first thought the same thing when i just read the OP. but i read the rule book and can't find where that play should have stood. don't get me wrong - not exactly upset but it's still pretty interesting. would have never thought any more about it until i read this thread. if someone knows something more about this, hope to hear from you.

lobster - everybody on the planet knows the hat is a trickster. teryl austin ain't been under no rock for the last 10 years. then again i don't solely blame him either. even the players should have thought about that. every time i see the replay i cannot believe the perfect hop that ball took right into the kicker's hands. haha!
K-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in