Navy or Air Force Recruiters? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 02-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
Sailfish

Send a message via ICQ to bamasam Send a message via AIM to bamasam Send a message via Yahoo to bamasam
Default Navy or Air Force Recruiters?

Just curious if any forum members are recruiters, would really like someone to speak with my 22 year old son.
bamasam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2008, 10:57 AM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: Navy or Air Force Recruiters?

I used to be a Marine Recruiter up in Birminghan. If you call the Vestavia Hills or Birmingham (Festival Center) Office they will be glad to come out and talk to him, after a quick screening of course.
theangrydolphin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #3
Fireguy
Sailfish

Cant help with Navy or Air Force but if he is interested in the Army let me know :usaflag
Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
White Marlin

Give Murph a call Sam. He has a buddy that moved up here to Prattville that I believe is in recruiting. Wouldn't be but about an hour away for you.
231 Proline WA (sold )
1902 Century Bay
14 Rogue Skiff
14 Big Jon Duck Boat
17 Pierre Marquette canoe
11 Ocean Kayak
H2OMARK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #5
Sailfish

Send a message via ICQ to bamasam Send a message via AIM to bamasam Send a message via Yahoo to bamasam

Yeah I know where the recruiters around here are. I would just like someone to talk to him without any pressure and see if they could maybe talk some sense into him.

Did you say Prattville Mark That may give me an excuse to check out the Bass Pro over there. :shedevil
Old 02-05-2008, 12:29 PM   #6
Grouper

Hey, I was in the ARMY, went in right out of High School. I would talk to him, if you needed someone to. I am 27 now, and could tell him about the 11 different countries I saw before I was 23. The $1100 a month check when you get out and go to college. The friendships you make... never having to worry about how much a doctor visit will cost, free gym membership, and other benefits....

The military is a great choice for someone that does not know what they want to major in in College, or what job to pursue. At 18 years old, or what ever age.... you get a full time paycheck, free benefits, college tuition payed for while you are in, free to low cost flying to anywhere in the world there is a base. I don't know too many jobs out there that could provide all this to an entry level person.

I would recommend the AIR FORCE, over the NAVY. Nothing negative towards the Navy, but the AF takes awesome care of their airmen. They have shorter deployments, and while deployed, they are very well taken care of. Since the AF is the sister branch of the army, I was around them often.

Let me know if I can be of any help... good luck.

Steve

(850) 982-9188
Adicted2Fishn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
Sailfish

did a two year hitch in the Army. Actually, didn't complete because I got sick (cancer) and kicked out (medically discharged). One of the best things I've ever done in my short life.

2 yr stitch in the Army can really put a boy on the right track. The drawback is the 2 year enlistment is typically combat arms (I believe) and there is a war going on.

I believe the Navy has a 2yr enlistment of a job on the carriers. Not sure though.

IMHO 2 years is a great enlistment if you're unsure. It can give you the military you need, and if you decide to stay in you can re-up with something different that you've discovered while in. On the other hand, if you don't really like it you aren't in long and you can come back home and do whatever.
AUradar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #8
Sailfish

I would send him to the Air Force for sure. Then again, I'm probably a tad prejudice after 25 years of it. I may retire in the next few years but for now I STILL have the best job out there!!
Old 02-05-2008, 12:53 PM   #9
Sailfish

Appriciate the words guys. I myself was in the Navy for 10 years and unfortunately had to get out......to raise him. I had gotten a divorce and got full custody so it was a choice my carrier or my kid. It just seems like soo much better of an idea if it comes from someone other than your Dad :banghead:banghead

I have posed it to him but just need a little more convinceing, he is a smart kid just not using his head for the right thing and at 22 with 2 kids from 2 seperate girls I really dont see any other choice to try to get his life together and get free schooling to become a master electrician instead of a wire puller.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #10
little ol me !
Snapper

not to rain on a parade, but with 2 kids, that may be an issue with enlistment. Some of the services have restrictions on the number of dependants that one has at the time of an initial enlistment.

Check out this forum

http://usmilitary.about.com/mpboards.htm

lots of good folks on there that can answer alot of questions, or direct you to info on the web. I spent 8 years in the Army, and am still married to it. My wife is an E-8 now with 19 years in. Gonna go another 2 till she retires, then its FL bound.

Army has some phenomenal ( SP ? ) education benefits, as well as some huge enlistment bonuses, and is the most likely to grant waivers for some indescritions that may be hiding in a closet some where.

My wife was an Army recruiter, and I am sure she would be more than willing to talk to your son as well. She is out of recruiting now, so no pressure to meet a quota !!
billyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in