Navarre kids at the beach....... - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 03-17-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
CCC
Grand Slam

Default Navarre kids at the beach.......

So time has now changed, my wife and I can now rush home, grab our chairs and a bottle of wine and go sit on what we expect will be one of the most incredible beaches around. We do just that today and get to our spot right by the new Navarre fishing pier and there are PILES of trash on the beach !!!!!!! I mean PILESSSSSSSSS !!!!!! Bottles, hamburger wrappers, cigarette packs. So I tell my wife to go ask Junior and Renae (thanks guys) who run the pier if we can get a bag to clean some of it up and we start cleaning while freaking kids all around us just lay out working on their tans. We fill a bag overflowing and I take it to the nearest trash can and sit down to have a cocktail and the nearest bunch of little [email protected] (teenage girls) F-bombing every other word, gets up and picks up their towels and leaves behind all of their trash, another HUGE pile !!!!!! I ask them if they plan on picking up their trash and I get the EXACT answer I expected "Thats not ours" ! I tell them "Neither was the bag my wife and I just picked up, and it would only take a second if each of you would grab a handful". They just turned and headed away and I told them not to worry about I would get it. What I wanted to do was revert back to my "Can be a HUGE [email protected] self and stomp their necks into the sand". What the [email protected]!!!!!!!! These little [email protected] will not be sattisfied untill there is graffitti on every building and we can no longer enjoy our BEAUTIFUL beaches anymore !!!!!!!!
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
Trigger

Should've thrown sand in their faces and say, "it wasn't me". What a bunch of little ......
I'll hold that thought for a while.

There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965
wetley49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
Fishing Goddess
Grouper

Sorry to hear that. It's becoming more common every year. Some people just have no clue and think someone will come along and clean up after them.

Good for you and your wife for helping to keep the beaches clean.

I think the best possible social program is a job. Ronald Reagan
on the rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Get up w/ your wonderful county commissioners in the beach area's...Escambia and Santa Rosa.... Tell them the issue of trash on the beach, the fear of tourism $$$ going elsewhere, and start making the folks in pre-trial diversion programs (non violent, 1st timer offenders) go out and do that as part of their community service..... You can also go to the high school and let the Principal know that community service hours by kids that need them should be spent by cleaning up the beach.....

If you know the folks that run the pier real well, then see if they'll hold a volunteer day and allow folks on the pier free after an hour of picking up trash...

There are several options.....I hate litter bug's more then anyone!!!!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #5
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Get up w/ your wonderful county commissioners in the beach area's...Escambia and Santa Rosa.... Tell them the issue of trash on the beach, the fear of tourism $$$ going elsewhere, and start making the folks in pre-trial diversion programs (non violent, 1st timer offenders) go out and do that as part of their community service..... You can also go to the high school and let the Principal know that community service hours by kids that need them should be spent by cleaning up the beach.....

If you know the folks that run the pier real well, then see if they'll hold a volunteer day and allow folks on the pier free after an hour of picking up trash...

There are several options.....I hate litter bug's more then anyone!!!!
And, if you're going to bring it to the county commissioners' attention, some pictures wouldn't hurt your cause.
FelixH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #6
Sailfish

Default Trash on the Beach

The County Commissioner and pre-trial labor makes sense. Some lawyer will probably determine that it constitutes child cruelty.

If I remember correctly, in my past life, I remember that if you screwed up in Escambia County that you could plan on working Saturdays on the Beach.

You could see a bunch of boys on the backs of trucks on Saturdays. With equal opportunity, you could make it a co-ed get together.

Get some of the Welfare people to work also. JMHO C2
Charlie2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
Trigger

^im with you. make the lazy people pick up trash
Bump_N_Twitch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #8
Snapper

had similar experience at Navarre beach yesterday. little kids running amok and parents not controlling them.
beachsceneguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
Grouper

Thanks for picking it up! If everyone would go just alittle out of their way to clean up a mess others have left the world would be a much better place. I always pick up trash even in Wal-Marts parking lot if I see it while entering. Most people just ignore it, it's not that hard to bend over and find a trash can. Good job!!!
ADRENALINE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
Sailfish

Grew up more or less on Pensacola beach. My Aunt would always bring along an extra bag to pick up others trash. To this day we always do the same in her memory. I doesn't take long and I cant see to walk away from anyone's trash on our beach.
Home & Business Security
and Surveillance Systems
Pensacola, FL
[email protected]
FLbeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in