Motorized Shopping Carts - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 02-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
Blue Marlin

Location: PC Fl., Orange Bch, Eufaula Al., Lake Seminole Ga. , Camden Al.
Default Motorized Shopping Carts

I had to run by WalMart to pick up a few things for Tonya on the way home today. Naturally I ended up right in the middle of the last minute Valentines Day shoppers the place was crazy.

I was standing in front of the Greeting Card section and reading some of the valentines day cards when I was bumped into by a Motorized Shopping Cart being riden by an not so older lady. She was without a doubt overweight, as I am too, but based on her rude attitude I was not sure she really had to have a mobility aid to get around.

I picked up the things I needed and the stuff to make HotWings for dinner and as I got to the express line there she was again. The Motorized Shopping Cart she was riding was out of battery charge and she was 20/30 feet short of the express lane. She got off and pushed the cart to the register.

Don't get me wrong, I fully realize that there is a need for assistance and I completely support the fact that some really need help to get around as well as in other areas of life. But, I do feel that things of this nature are abused and taken advantage of by some that don't really need the service.

Is it me, or do people seem to abuse things of this nature? Years ago there wasn't motorized shopping carts and everyone must have gotten by. Could it be that we or some in our culture are that lazy and after getting assistance in many areas we/some become unhealthy due to not completely supporting self, which would naturally create dependence.

Have you seen such as this?

Thoughts?

Last edited by Garbo; 02-14-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Forgot a question mark like this one >> ?
Garbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #2
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

I like the ones who ride on it and are eating a box of Little Debbies while shopping or a bag of chicken wings from the deli. Neither has a physical handicap, hell I watched the one get off the cart and walk to Mobile Hwy to get on the bus.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
White Marlin

oh, the people of wal-mart always get me...

'course, i'm all for drug testing food stamp, housing, unemployment folks...but, we'll see...seems like the last time i saw you was in a wal-mart...and you were'nt in a scooter...
Ultralite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

Location: PC Fl., Orange Bch, Eufaula Al., Lake Seminole Ga. , Camden Al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralite View Post
oh, the people of wal-mart always get me...

'course, i'm all for drug testing food stamp, housing, unemployment folks...but, we'll see...seems like the last time i saw you was in a wal-mart...and you were'nt in a scooter...

Yep, I remember it well. There I was in front of the Ice Cream Freezer Door, trying to make a decision, and You ran into me with a Shopping Cart. It wasn't a motorized one, but it was one you have to push.
Garbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 09:24 PM   #5
White Marlin

yep, that was it...and i did that on purpose because i saw you first...

if i knew you were getting runned into all the time, i might have rethunk my approach...
Old 02-14-2011, 09:31 PM   #6
Grouper

They definatly serve their intended purpose. I say this after growing up pushing my disabled father around stores in a regular wheelchair. It boils my blood to see some of these folks taking advantage of the convenience. Same goes with handicapped parking spots.
GENTLE WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENTLE WOLF View Post
They definatly serve their intended purpose. I say this after growing up pushing my disabled father around stores in a regular wheelchair. It boils my blood to see some of these folks taking advantage of the convenience. Same goes with handicapped parking spots.
+1

the handicap parking really get's me...the dmv hands them out like candy...
Old 02-14-2011, 10:21 PM   #8
Grouper

Its killing us, worse than smoking... Super sized extra value .99 menus and all that. Any invention you could build to make life less work will make you millions..just try going without that remote control for a week.

I try to not take the easy route every time but plenty of times I will...I like going to Mcdonalds and seeing a line of cars around the building for the drive thru, then look and no one is inside ordering..I drive by real slow and park at the end of the line by the window, walk in get my food real fast and walk out eating my fries so they can see me

I do the same thing to the loop drivers in store parking lots who circle ,round and round , jockeying for a position closest to the door. Its great at WalMart because if you time it right you can catch them at the crosswalk and make them stop for you to walk by

Some people are really too lazy to walk an extra 20 yds

Last edited by SuperSpook; 02-14-2011 at 10:27 PM.
SuperSpook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 10:30 PM   #9
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

Here ya' go...

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9798

It NEVER stops.

Jim

Last edited by jim t; 02-14-2011 at 10:33 PM.
jim t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2011, 11:21 PM   #10
Fishing Goddess
Grouper

Attachment 17334

Here you go Curtis...

I think the best possible social program is a job. Ronald Reagan

Last edited by on the rocks; 07-16-2012 at 12:03 AM.
on the rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in