Lowest "CASH" offer you will take ? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 09-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #1
CCC
Grand Slam

Default Lowest "CASH" offer you will take ?

I hate selling things !!!!!!!!! I have NEVER in my life asked someone "Will you take this", bottom line is if I want it, and it is a fair deal I buy it, if not I walk. What is it with morons that email or call you after you quote a price and ask "What is the lowest "Cash" price you will accept ???? "Cash" as opposed to what, some slightly used shag carpet you might have laying around ????? Or as apposed to some 30 year old shingles that came off your great great great grandmothers house ????????? When I ask a price it is for FREAKING CASH, YOU FLIPPING IDIOT !!!!!!!!!!!!! Had to vent, sorry guys.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #2
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

A "business" will pay a credit card company a couple percent for each purchase. Therefore some businesses will accept a cheaper price for "cash".

People think "Cash is King". But if you are an individual seller who does not take credit cards it makes no difference.

But "buyers" are as stupid as anyone, they think "CASH" is a negotiating tool.

Jim

PS Bank Checks are as good as cash.
jim t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2010, 10:32 PM   #3
Grand Slam

What will you take for it in CASH right now? I have it in my pocket.
CASH CASH CASH

I know what you mean CCC. That has alway's pissed me right off.

Blazer Bay 2170 Yamaha 200

JoeyWelch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
Mingo

I hear ya CCC. For that same reason, I refuse to take part when my wife has garage sales.

Ask $5 for a something brand new and you ALWAYS get the "I'll give you $1 CASH right now".

GFYS, I tell them ! ! ! !
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
Grand Slam

Thinking about your topic remind's me of a pontoon boat I sold a few years back. I had it on Craigslist and reeled in a real frootloop. He called and asked me (you guessed it) what I would take for it cash. I explained to him that the $ sign in front of that number was what I expected to get from it and that $ alway's signified money. He told me that I was not going to get that for it and proceeded to tell me what he was going to give me for it. ( As if I have no choice in it anymore). All of this without ever seeing it. I can't remember our whole conversation but it got pretty good. He was from over that away. The Base I believe.
I sold it a couple day's later for advertised price in CASH. It seem's funny now thinking back on it.

Blazer Bay 2170 Yamaha 200

JoeyWelch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
Sailfish

another reason many dont think of when they sell an item is reporting the 'income' to the IRS. If your won a Glock 23 in a card game and decided to sell it for some extra christmas money to a guy on craigslist,guy at work,guy off forum, etc, and he paid for item with a certified cashiers check, deposited cash or check in your bank, paypal, etc, etc. there is a trail to that, and if you actually got audited, you might have some explaining to do for that unclaimed transaction. maybe, maybe not. But you will be hearing more and more of that 'CASH' talk in the near future as it that and bartering will be increasing .
The IRS has always looked for people not reporting what they have earned, so now they are changing the play book up a lil and going after what people spend too. enter form 1099K and other forms in the works. audits are REALLY on the rise too, ask any CPA.

You guys balking at people saying 'cash', i think it partially implies a buyer plus of being 'tax free'. But im sure all you guys report earnings off of all the stuff you guys sell anyway so what am i talking about lol
?MEGA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2010, 11:12 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

here is my logic on the situation if i am selling something always ask a few more dollars than you are wanting because everyone will try to jew you down as an example i was selling a boat i wanted $5,000 i listed it for $6,000 that way you have a leeway on the selling price versus the price you want for it when the buyer sees $6,000 they always everytime ask what is your cash price you say i will take $5,500 he offers $5,000 you are at the exact asking price you had set because everyone thinks that they can save money by offering a lower price it just the nature of buying and selling hell they even do it at walmart with price comparision
floater1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
Grouper

CCC, sorry buddy i feel for ya, a solid buyer calls immediately and comes to look before making an offer. A bullshi**er lowballs you on the phone and then never shows up. You'll get the right guy who comes and buys with no questions asked, you know the old saying"there's an a** for every seat". You gotta love craiglist though, i've bought and sold everything from fishing gear to boats and cars on there. Cash talks,bulls**twalks.
bombtosser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #9
twiceRetired Serve No One
Blue Marlin

Generally I understand that a person will try to get a product as cheaply as possible and that is the American way of Capitalism.
I try to post my minimum price up front which sometimes does not work well as if leaves little to no room for negotiation .
What eats my rear end is situations like what I had when selling my 4 wheeler for a firm price of $400 that ran well.

I had my first caller who was a woman , and she asked me to hold it for her and that she would buy it.
I told her it was the first day of the sale and she was the first caller and I politely said sorry I can not do that.
She then said well I will have my Husband come by and buy it this morning , which sounded like a good Idea to me.
Next I get a call from the Husband who starts bad mouthing the machine without even seeing it , then offers $300 .

It is hard for me to put a positive spin on that kind of dealing or negotiation. The Machine sold that very day for my very fair but firm price.

HisName is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2010, 01:46 AM   #10
Snapper

Default Cash price

I recon i'm a Moron ,I always ask for less and have saved a lot of money by doing so. I've got some great deals ,hate that it pisses you off ,but then again you can always say Hell no.I guess i'm just a tight wadded old fart.Just my 2 cents ,or i'll take one.
sureline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in