Looking for a quality chef - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 06-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Looking for a quality chef

Must not do drugs, must not have any substance abuse problems, willing to learn it MY WAY, enjoys life, family oriented, hard worker, reliable transportation, listens, communication skills, presentable to my guests, must sign a no compete clause in regards to catering, must be willing to work 7 days a week, must be money savvy with their own income and my bottom line, ummmm what else?

Since this person may or may not exist...i thought i would throw it out there...

WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO THE WORK ETHIC AND WORK FORCE IN TODAYS YOUNG PEOPLE....

F'in idiots! Anyway I am venting...serious post though I am looking for someone that gives a damn...

205-915-6934
[email protected]

OH YEAH MUST NOT DO DRUGS!!!!
badazzchef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2011, 12:20 AM   #2
Sailfish

chris saw the joke on the other forum and it explains it all..

People born before 1946 were called
The Silent generation....
- People born between 1946 and 1959 are called
The Baby Boomers.
- People born between 1960 and 1979 are called
Generation X,
- And people born between 1980 and 2010 are called
Generation Y,
Why do we call the last group Generation Y?
Y should I get a job?
Y should I leave home and find my own place?
Y should I get a car when I can borrow yours?
Y should I clean my room?
Y should I wash and iron my own clothes?
Y should I buy any food?
But a cartoonist explained it very eloquently below....

corrinas2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
Sailfish

looking for the same thing in Panama City a good chef, have tried to help people out and just been let down.
http://bayoujoes.com/

http://www.bayoujoes.com/

Team Hoo's ur Savior Hillcrest Baptist Church
inshorecatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #4
White Marlin

sounds like fun to me...
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
White Marlin

I HATE Cliche's , but "I'm in the same Boat" ... SO hard to find reliable help these days , that I don't have to hold their hands and show them everything TWICE
Pourman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
Grand Slam

Who wants to work 7 days a week? Be reasonable on what you are asking and you may have a better shot at finding someone. People with great skills are in high demand. Why would a person in high demand want to work 7 days a week? When they work, they should work their fingers to the bone. After they work, they should not think about work until next week. JMO
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
Sailfish

i have a little 6T's method i use freq.... teeth, transportation, tools, t-shirt, trustworthy and trainable. good luck finding what you seek, because its the boogie man.

glad you are having so much success with your new location though, thats great to hear!
?MEGA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
Grouper

Ha spooney....if you only knew the business man if you only knew....maybe I should clarify you need to work all days of the week...oh and ask the Latin American population how they like working 7 days they will tell you to give em 8 and work em 18 hrs a day...that's the problem in a nutshell good reliable help requires a second language by the employer...

For those of you that don't know a chef knows he has to work the worst hours and lots of them when e signs on for the career...I mean it would be like military getting pissed for being shot at! If you ain't in the business or don't have something positive or insightful to say get the hell off my post!!!

And thanks omega??!! I'm impressed with your kindness!
badazzchef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzchef View Post
Must not do drugs, must not have any substance abuse problems, willing to learn it MY WAY, enjoys life, family oriented, hard worker, reliable transportation, listens, communication skills, presentable to my guests, must sign a no compete clause in regards to catering, must be willing to work 7 days a week, must be money savvy with their own income and my bottom line, ummmm what else?

Since this person may or may not exist...i thought i would throw it out there...

WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO THE WORK ETHIC AND WORK FORCE IN TODAYS YOUNG PEOPLE....

F'in idiots! Anyway I am venting...serious post though I am looking for someone that gives a damn...

205-915-6934
[email protected]

OH YEAH MUST NOT DO DRUGS!!!!
Just for general "insightful" purposes, what is the compensation, incentive? That is usually addressed in an ad for a professional position.

Also the tone of your ad will most likely sour any potential employee. Perhaps rant in one post and advertise in another (insight). Good luck...
Mike aka FishWerks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2011, 12:38 AM   #10
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzchef View Post
Ha spooney....if you only knew the business man if you only knew....maybe I should clarify you need to work all days of the week...oh and ask the Latin American population how they like working 7 days they will tell you to give em 8 and work em 18 hrs a day...that's the problem in a nutshell good reliable help requires a second language by the employer...

For those of you that don't know a chef knows he has to work the worst hours and lots of them when e signs on for the career...I mean it would be like military getting pissed for being shot at! If you ain't in the business or don't have something positive or insightful to say get the hell off my post!!!

And thanks omega??!! I'm impressed with your kindness!
I know exactly what a chef does. A few of my closest friends are chefs and one is going back to school right now because he is tired of working all the time for such crappy pay. My advice to you was meant to be helpful. You can't find what you are looking for because you are asking for too much. Give the guy some time off to be with his family and you can get a great employee. Best of Luck to you.
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in