Local Car Dealer BS - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 05-23-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Local Car Dealer BS

My cousin's son is in Iraq. Before he was shipped out he bought a (Ithink)2004 Ford F150 with 35" tires and a lift. Also at the time of purchase of said vehicle the dealer, of course, offered him a warranty. He bought it,signed everything and drove his first vehicle home with pride. He's 19. Since he's been gone they will drive it on small errands and such just to keep it from sitting up. Well the rearend started whining and the AC went out. So they call ALLEN TURNER and tell them whats going on. They say no problem bring it in and we'll look at it. If it is something not covered then it will be x--$ for the inspection and then they can go from there. So they get it over there and yes the rearend will need to be replaced and the AC part will be 700.00. He was shipped out last summer and had the truck less than a year in his posession. BTW.........NOTHING is covered under the warranty, get this, because it's been altered by the lift and big tires so the warranty is void. THAT"S THE WAY THEY SOLD IT TO HIM! They even pleaded with them that he's over in Iraq serving his country and they wanted it fixed before he got home next month.........doesn't matter warranty is no good. What a bunch of no good low down snakes in the grass. ALLEN TURNER can bite a big one as far as I'm concerned. That is total BS. Did I mention it was

ALLEN TURNER

I know he shoud have read the warranty contract more carefully, but when the dealer is selling you one for the vehicle you just bought why think that it wouldn't be covered? ASSWIPES. I wish we had an icon for an ASSWIPE. I did find this though

[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_opQDdIC28Bh1GjzbkF/SIG=12302384e/EXP=1211666857/**http%3A//www.klaatext.de/vwg/pictures/asswipe.jpg[/img]
Collard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

Send a message via AIM to fisheye48
Default RE: Local Car Dealer BS

report 'em to the BBB!!!
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

we had a similar problem with allen turner also about 6-7yrs back... Said we would never buy from them again....

Mom had bought a 98 BMW 318 with less then 30K miles, IT was sent back to allen turner about 3times until I told them what was wrong with it.. and we had to argue each time, becuase they did'nt want to fix it for free...

Then about 8 months later we had to put a new tranny in it...

BTW... My buddy is a mechanic and if you would like a good price let me know and I'll talk to him about it..
wld1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
White Marlin

Well, assuming the story is portrayed accurately, THAT SUCKS! It would for anyone, let alone a soldier enduring all that for our country. I agree w/the above, call the BBB, and maybe even talk to an attorney? Nothing worse than bad press, and he just got a bunch (I think we have about 5000 members?). I'd also send him a link to this thread! Good luck! Let us know how it works out.
Flounderpounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2008, 07:29 PM   #5
Blue Marlin

who'd you send the link too???and flounder you think he's makin some of it up???
wld1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #6
Trigger

Call the NEWS JOURNAL tell them about it . . . they'll love a story about someone messing with one of our boys!

PS: SOUNDS like fraud to me, selling a warranty that isn't any good.

Angler's Outlet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2008, 08:11 PM   #7
Sailfish

Send a message via AIM to FlounderAssassin

I agree with Angler...if he bought the truck already modified and they sold him the waranty that was no good that cant be legal can it??? im definatly no laywer but that sounds screwy! thanks for the heads up about that place! will NEVER shop there after hearing this!!!
FlounderAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2008, 09:08 PM   #8
Trigger

PFF members and family be aware. Car salesman will say and do anything to get you to purchase the vehicle. You cannot expect someone to read every bit of paperwork they are signing. And a 19 year old is just so excited about getting his new car, he will just about sign anything in front of him/her. We hope that the dealership would not try to sell you something you cannot use such as a bs warranty. My advice is to speak to Allen Turner himself and try to resolve the problem. I'm sure he doesn't want a bad cloud hanging over his dealership.
ChrisH2O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2008, 03:13 AM   #9
Grouper

The EXACT thing happened to me maby 10 years ago. I bought a truck from Eddie Mercer, and I was told it had been his personal vehicle. It had 35" tires a lift kit, dual oil filters, headersand the motorhad beenmodofied. They gave me a 3 month 3k mile warranty on the entire truck, powertrain and all. Well just befor the warranty expired the transmission went out. I called them, and told them my situation. They said the same thing that you were told, that the truck had been modified therfor the warranty was void. We went back and forth with this for a few days with no luck. I then went to the show room and comfronted the salesman who sold me the truck and showed my ass in front of the whole place. I mean I was madder than 3 suns a bitches. They quickly corraled me to an office to talk,where I insisted they pay, and showed the warranty info. The manager resolved the issue that day. Had a brand new transmission installedwithout any further problems. Be sure to look over the warranty closely, if it don't say anything about the modifications go over there and show your ass. If it says the warranty is void b/c of the modifications still show your ass b/cwhy sale a modified truck that claims to have a warranty, when in fact it don't.If you know an attorny you could also get them to sendtheir letter head withan outline of the problem. State that if they don't cooperate the next time we will talk will be in court. That may motivate them to get off their sorry asses and do the right thing. I hope everything works out for you.
SKEETER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2008, 03:21 AM   #10
Grouper

Man I hate car sales man they are all crooks.:hoppingmad:hoppingmad
GONU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in