letter of apology - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 11-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
little ol me !
Snapper

Default letter of apology

Letter of Apology

Dear Jersey Mike Folks:

I would like to apologize for my rude and inappropriate behavior in you Pace, FL Location last night. I recently discovered Jersey Mike’s Sandwiches about 18-24 months ago, and think that amongst the fast food sandwich shops, Jersey Mike’s is a the top of their game, so it is with great dismay that I went astray last night and broke the rules.

You see, I work nights, and about 4-6 times a month, I treat myself to a Jersey Mike’s sandwich. I will wake up about 20 to 30 minutes early and drive 4.52 miles out of my way ( I even goggle mapped it to make sure I did not exaggerate ) to get to the Jersey Mike’s in Pace, FL. I really like your sandwiches!!

So, moving along, it would seem that you’re credit card reader is like kryptonite or something to my debit card. I actually called my bank, and me and Stacy, from USAA Customer service went through all debit card transaction to my checking account in the last 15 days….man I use that debit card A LOT!! Anyhow, of the nearly 5 dozen debit card transactions, 5 where manual keyed in entries. And 3 of those where on line transactions ( I order a fuel solenoid for my riding mower, renewed my paramedic license and bought a CD on Amazon.com, and all of those appear as manual keyed entries ) the other 2 where at the Jersey Mikes in Pace, Florida. Amazingly enough the Airport Road Jersey Mikes showed 1 swiped transaction! Neato ! ( Oh, by-the way, no other manual keyed entries appeared, other than internet sales, and the Pace, FL Jersey Mike’s )

But I digress, on with my apology. As I said before, your reader is like kryptonite to my debit card, and I told the guy behind the counter that. A young guy, beard, glasses. He swiped and swiped, and swiped away, but to no avail….guess he didn’t believe me, so after the bazillioneth time he swiped the card, he gave up and glared at me. I felt bad, I really did. Then he manually entered the card and warned me that this would be the last time he would do it ! I felt even worse…I almost cried, but I held it together, and simply said “ Yes Sir”. I did not want to get my drivers license stamped “ Restricted, no Jersey Mikes For You “ !! He went on to admonish me that manual keyed credit card transactions cost him more than a swiped credit card transaction…who knew ! Your guy behind the counter is rather prophetic as well, he can tell the future !

Maybe now would be a good time to explain that in getting to that particular location I have to pass 3 Subways, a Circle K, a Tom Thumb, a Santino’s and 3 grocery stores and a Walmart that all have deli style sandwich’s. And, as I am sure you know, Subway has those 5 dollar foot longs !! I drive an older, 1989 Chevy Pickup truck, and I get right about 15 mpg. Fuel today cost 2.74 per gallon. As a paramedic I make $14.72 an hour ( pretty damned dismal I think, but not really part to the conversation ) So, by my math, it cost me 18 cents a mile to get to your store, and since time is money, and the only way I can gage my value for time is my pay rate, I estimate that my time is worth a quarter a minute. 4.52 miles, and 15 minutes is what it takes me to get to your store, all the while passing all the above mentioned places…did I mention I like your sandwiches ?

So I gotta shell out $6.70 in manually keyed in debit card transactions, to get the sandwich, plus 81 cents in fuel, and $3.75 for my 15 minutes sitting in the car, rocking out to Jimmy Buffett ( an excellent benefit of riding in the truck is my satellite radio and the Buffett Buffet !! )

Man, who would have thought I cost me so much to get to your store, and to think that I forgot the rules, that I forgot to make life easier on your guy behind the counter. Oh, and to save you a couple of cents on the sale.

But, like I said, your guy is prophetic, he accurately predicted the future… ‘cause he will never have to manually enter my debit card information again, or swipe my new card when it comes in the mail, or count out the cash when I have cash on me….can ya see where this is headed, ya smell what I’m stepping in ?

Do other people in this store have problems with their debit / credit cards. Or is it just me ?

Hey Jared…wait for me ! I got 5 bucks !

Oh, and if there is some sort of relationship between the Pace location, and the Airport road location, Please keep it to yourself; I don’t want to completely write off Jersey Mike’s.

Bill Kuhar
3513 Victory Drive, Pace Florida 32571
850-463-5440

Oh shit, I forgot…sorry about the whole manual debit card thing, it won’t happen again.
billyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #2
PDC Fishing Team
Sailfish

I'm glad you know now. Replace your cards every 5 days. Have a backup to your backup and don't ever let this happen again.
swhiting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #3
Trigger

Get over it man. You probably just cost yourself $7.41 typing this in a fishing forum.
standrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
little ol me !
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by standrew View Post
Get over it man. You probably just cost yourself $7.41 typing this in a fishing forum.
you're probably right !!
billyk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by standrew View Post
Get over it man.
you should take your own advice and maybe find a little humor in billy's post...and maybe thank him for being a paramedic and working for what he gets paid for...

Last edited by Ultralite; 11-04-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Ultralite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 12:13 PM   #6
Grouper

Good read. And thanks.
GENTLE WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralite View Post
you should take your own advice and maybe find a little humor in billy's post...and maybe thank him for being a paramedic and working for what he gets paid for...
x2.

I thought it was funny. If his post probably cost him $7.41...how much did your post cost you?

Get over it. You just cost yourself $0.83.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #8
Mingo

It takes no more than 15 seconds to enter a debit card's number. What a tool. I have to enter card numbers all the time at Radioshack because people try to keep the same card for as long as they can. They will be split down the middle but I don't piss and moan about it. I just get the customer taken care of. You should just write Jersey Mike's corporate and tell them about the problem. They will most likely send you a free sandwich coupon and you wont have to use your debit card!
Pensacoladrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #9
Squid technician
Grand Slam

I've been to a few independently owned shops lately where instead of feeling appreciated, I felt like I was a nuisance for making them do some kind of labor or not paying in the ideal way.

Its time to restructure when you feel that YOU, the shop owner or employee, are almost entitled to my money as if I didn't have a choice and your product is just that good. Its always a choice and you should appreciate it every time someone walks through the door regardless of what they get or how they pay.
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #10
Snapper

I think alot of the blame needs to be put on BP for this!! They should reimburse Jersey Mikes for the extra time to manually enter the card!! it is after all their fault!!

BliiyK, I loved your post!!
swander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in