La Hacienda's Raided - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 02-07-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
Snapper

Default La Hacienda's Raided

A new task force targeting illegal immigrant workers arrested 10 employees at two Mexican restaurants in Santa Rosa County on Wednesday.

The Area Impact Management Task Force made the arrests at the La Hacienda Mexican Restaurants on Caroline Street in Milton and U.S. 90 in Pace.

The task force said the 10 Hispanic men arrested at the eateries used fraudulent Social Security cards to gain employment at the restaurants.

The men each face a charge of using false documents to obtain employment. They were being held without bond Wednesday at the Santa Rosa County Jail.

The task force said it believes the men paid between $1,700 and $5,000 to get into the country.

The task force also said the men admitted paying between $50 and $200 for Social Security cards.

The Social Security numbers belonged to children, deceased adults and U.S. citizens living outside the country in places including Beirut and Mogadishu, Somalia, the task force said.

We eat there all the time, and always wondered about them guys. Good Illegal food!!!

Jig n Hawgs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2008, 10:43 AM   #2
Grouper

Default RE: La Hacienda's Raided

Pack them up and ship their asses back home
seminolewind is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
Sailfish

Now who's gonna cook my burritos and enchiladas...?!:reallycryinglol.
reelfinatical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #4
Sailfish

you think its because its an election year, wendell hall has put together this "task force" to make himself look good? im not accusing, just asking if this is possible.

last week this same force raided a nursery in north santa rosa (allentown) Panhandle Growers and arrested many illegal workers. i used to work with some mexicans when i did landscaping, i called to ask how they were... theyve already fled to brewton.

i wonder what my old boss will do now that he laid me off and kept the mexicans because he didnt have to pay insurence and workers comp? now theyre gone and might not come back... im sure not going back to work for him after he left me and my family struggling just because he could knock down a better profit with mexicans instead of americans.

whatever the reasoning is behind these attempts to rid our county of illegal immigrants, im happy. i love my mexican friends dearly, but i love my country, and breaking rules to get here doesnt sit well with me. hopefully there will be more entry level jobs opening up for legal citizens now...
facebook.com/BSTseptic
nb&twil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 11:28 AM   #5
Grouper

Great now the lunch special will $ 12.50 instead of $ 3.50 cause now they have to pay minimum wage. (Just kidding no one get upset)
FLWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 11:56 AM   #6
Snapper

I wonder what happens now, will they be charged for stolen identities, serve time, then be deported? Or will they just deport them?
Jig n Hawgs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #7
Sailfish

I almost ate there for lunch yesterday. That is definitely my favorite Mexican restaurant.
Ocean Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
Grouper

At least they were working and not on lifetimesocial assistance. The real criminal is whoever sells them social security numbers.
floridays is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
Mingo

i hate to say it. but all they do is set them in jail for a few days while waiting for ICE(Immigration and Customs Enforcement) to come and pick them up. but after a few days they call and say we dont want them. so all the jail does is release them back into the public.:doh

As lame as it sounds its true. I was in the jail the other night(i work with santa rosa sheriffs office) talking to one of the COs and thats what he was telling me.
JoshC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 05:36 PM   #10
Ruby Red Lip

Josh, do you work for SRSO or are you still in High School. This is what is going on. THe illegalimmigrants are being charged with FRAUD, a state statute. If the Feds want to come in and pick them up, than so be it. Otherwise they are charged with a crime and are entitled to the same rights as every other citizen. Now you can say you talked to someone from SRSO.<TABLE id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_tblSearchResult cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=9 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=TableCell_Dark id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_tdPostCell1 width="20%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt><DIV id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLaye r style="DISPLAY: inline" &#111;nclick="InstantASP_OpenMenu('_ctl1_ctlSearch ResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults__ctl12_ctlPanelBa r_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ct lSearchResults__ctl12_ctlPanelBar_smAuthorName_Sim pleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'1371 \'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'1371\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'1371\') ; &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');" &#111;nmouseover="InstantASP_OpenMenuMouseOver('_c tl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults__ctl 12_ctlPanelBar_smAuthorName','_ctl1_ctlSearchResul tsPostView_ctlSearchResults__ctl12_ctlPanelBar_smA uthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer','<table width=100% class=PanelBar_OuterTable cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0><tr><td><table width=100% cellspacing=1 cellpadding=7><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>View Member\'s Profile</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light>Add to Buddy List</tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendPrivateMessage\',\'1371 \'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Private Message\'>Send Private Message</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butSendEmail\',\'1371\'); &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Send Email To Member\'>Send Email To Member</a></tr><tr><td class=TableCell_Light><a href=__doPostBack(\'butShowMemberPosts\',\'1371\') ; &#111;nmouseover=\'&#119;indow.status=&#119;indow. location;return true;\'; &#111;nmouseout=&#119;indow.status=\'\';return true; Class=\'SmlLinks\' Title=\'Find All Member\s Posts\'>Find All Member\'s Posts</a></tr></td></tr></table></td></tr></table>','165px');">jerens</DIV><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=TableCell_Dark id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_tdPostCell2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt width="30%"> <SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_lblPostedDate>Posted 10/18/2007 7:00:29 PM</TD><TD class=smalltxt align=right>, <SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_lblForum>In: Off Topic</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=TableCell_Light id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_tdPostCell3 vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=SmallTxt>Ruby Red Lip

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_lblMemberGroup>Group: Forum Members
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_lblLastActive>Last Login: Today @ 6:58:04 PM
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_lblPostCount>Posts: 13, <SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_lblTotalVisits>Visits: 717 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=TableCell_Light id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_tdPostCell4 vAlign=top width="80%"><DIV style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; OVERFLOW: auto; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 100%; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; HEIGHT: 200px"><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlSearchResultsPostView_ctlSearchResults __ctl12_ctlPanelBar_lblFullMessage>Ya im at school at Navarre high and their making a big deal 2. i called my mom to check me out but no luck Any news about any tornados hitting santa rosa county</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
BenTpoles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in