Korean war !!!!!! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 11-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #1
CCC
Grand Slam

Default Korean war !!!!!!

Guys if this doesn't have you scared then you are one bad SOB ! I went over to Korea twice for war games back in the 80's and the last thing we want is these two going at it. IMHO south Korea already has the right to defend themselves with the sinking of their millitary ship a while back and now the unprovoked attack yesterday by the north. I feel like there is no stopping a confrontation but I also feel like the U.S. would not put boots on the ground, we would provide air support and weapons, but I don't think we want any part of a ground war over there again. Some strong prayers are needed right now in hopes this will defuse itself.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #2
Grouper

Im thinking about joining the Coast Guard in a year or so once I get out of high school. But if we were to go to war with Korea i would happily sign my ass up with the Army or Marines to help the cause. Now im not a politican but I think that we have backed down to them, between sinking the shit, and now the attack it seems like we would have jumped on it and did something. Am i wrong?
Sunshine17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Cigar Minnow

Being born during the Korean War I have followed going on's in Korea throughout the past 57 years.
ROK Marines operated near our area of operations during my time in Vietnam. Tough dudes, they had no viet cong activity in their area because them killed them all. North Korean troops have the same mindset. Kill first, ask questions later.
With 28,000 troops on the DMZ, we will be drawn into any hostilities that occur. It's times like this that I wish we didn't have such a wimp in the White House. If something happens, is he going to take 60 days to make a decision?
I can see it now..."come on guys, stop the hostilities, lets sit down and sip some rice wine and discuss our differences. I know the United States unjustifiabily attacked your peacefull people back in the fifties, but this is a new day. How about we let you have Soul? If you are in charge I'm sure you can start up some green industries which will create jobs for your people and those reprebates in the south."

What happens when China decides to attck Formossa?
Dplantmann is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #4
White Marlin

This wouldn't even be happening if W hadn't committied us to Iraq. He took his eye off the ball.
Bill Me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
CCC
Grand Slam

Only four posts before "W" was once again blamed for something..........I thought it would take at least ten posts.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Trigger

Screw W bashing Screw Obama bashing. Times like these you need to back your CIC and hope they make the best decision. Again not one News channel is covering this. Terrorist on a plane can kill a couple of hundred people yet the underwear bomber gets 24 hours of coverage, but this Crazy Jong Ill could wipe out a city.
Duff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 12:16 PM   #7
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC View Post
Only four posts before "W" was once again blamed for something..........I thought it would take at least ten posts.
Actually, it only took three. You can't count your initial post.
Orion45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #8
WW2
Sailfish

W is most definitely not to blame here. Neither is Obama. Kim is insane and that is all there is to it. He is only slightly different than Pol Pot and since he is now seeing the end coming he is getting even more desperate.
WW2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Me View Post
This wouldn't even be happening if W hadn't committied us to Iraq. He took his eye off the ball.
Try brushing up on your history. Here are some hints: MCarthur, Truman, and Yalu River.
Orion45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2010, 12:34 PM   #10
Sailfish

we have more troops there than you think, my wife was deployed there yesterday
doradohunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in