International Car shipping - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 09-19-2011, 11:57 AM   #1
White Marlin

Default International Car shipping

Looking into shipping a car from Pensacola to Germany ... Googled it , SO many options came up , looking for something LOCALLY that I can contact ... someone on here has dealt with this before ?? ... HELP ... DAS was an option I found , is there a local agent / office ??
Pourman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
White Marlin

DANG ... I thought there was someone on here that worked for DAS ?? ... I have looked into it with numerous companies , just thought we had some local knowledge with all the Military
Old 09-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #3
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

PM Driscoll (Off Route II). He runs a shipping company, he might not be able to do it but I'm sure he could give you some names or info.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #4
Sailfish

+1 .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splittine View Post
PM Driscoll (Off Route II). He runs a shipping company, he might not be able to do it but I'm sure he could give you some names or info.
joebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
Fishing Goddess
Grouper

PM sent.

I think the best possible social program is a job. Ronald Reagan
on the rocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2011, 11:49 PM   #6
Grouper

there is more involved than just shipping costs, my uncle in germany was looking at some old corvettes when he visited us back in the mid 90's. he found several he wanted. once he was back in germany to arrange everything he found the import taxes very high, also fees for them to make the car copliant to thier emission standards and a few other things that made it too complicated. He is very well off so it wasnt a money issue for him just the hassle. I would hate for you to have a car stuck in a port over there and not be able to use it there. Just get more info than just shipping. Fees and regs to get tags ext...
good luck,
make sure to hit the autobaun when your there... over 150mph in a 750 bmw with ferraris flying by like your were doing 50mph....scary
FISHBOXFULL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #7
White Marlin

OK so serious question : I have been working with a buyer from the Porsche 356 registry , and he is from Germany ... He sent a small deposit via Paypal so I have held it for him so we could work things out ..., I have been contacted by a shipping agent he arranged for , and have faxed copies of the Bill of Sale and the Title to the agent ... now the agent wants me to send the PHYSICAL Copy of the Title to her before any financial compensation is given on their end to me ... it is just me , or does this sound a bit shady ??
Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
Trigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pourman1 View Post
OK so serious question : I have been working with a buyer from the Porsche 356 registry , and he is from Germany ... He sent a small deposit via Paypal so I have held it for him so we could work things out ..., I have been contacted by a shipping agent he arranged for , and have faxed copies of the Bill of Sale and the Title to the agent ... now the agent wants me to send the PHYSICAL Copy of the Title to her before any financial compensation is given on their end to me ... it is just me , or does this sound a bit shady ??
That's shady IMO. I would NEVER give out my original title until the funds have cleared my bank.
moontan360 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
Sailfish

Don't do it!!!!
The Maintenance Shoppe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #10
Grouper

Funds should be placed in a escrow o some account like that to where when you hand over ownership (orignal title) you are given the funds at same time. Its just like selling a car in person you would not give him/her the title untill you have counted and checked each bill to be real. Same goes for this matter. If you hand over the title and have a deposit that deposit is all he funds you will recive and before you know it leo and tow truck will be at your door to claim the car and you will be tied under the law rather you were scamed or not they would then own the car not you unless you have a lean on title and its registerd with the stae

Sent from my samsung evo 4g using Forum Runner
mrwigglezdj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in