I'm having an issue and was wondering if anyone else has the solution - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 06-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
White Marlin

Default I'm having an issue and was wondering if anyone else has the solution

After we got robbed in Miami we moved in with family for 3 months while i finished up a contract. I bought a UPS store box for 3 months. This is the type they advertise where you will recieve a real street address. It was on sale so I bought it. Now for the problem. I submitted a change of address to the post office and they are saying I can never change my address again due to the fact that I bought that box. Has this ever happened to any of you? You would think the UPS store would tell you you are stuck with this address for the rest of your life. I read the rule from the post office and it says legally UPS is required to forward me the mail for 6 months and charge postage. After that the can shit can my mail. How can I fix this? Thanks
Bullshark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
Sailfish

Wow! We are definitley in the age of idiotic and ridiculous. Hope someone has a some help for you. I would go to the main local post office and talk to someone high up that runs the place.

We only take hostages and place them in bondage.....................New age slavery.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullshark View Post
After we got robbed in Miami we moved in with family for 3 months while i finished up a contract. I bought a UPS store box for 3 months. This is the type they advertise where you will recieve a real street address. It was on sale so I bought it. Now for the problem. I submitted a change of address to the post office and they are saying I can never change my address again due to the fact that I bought that box. Has this ever happened to any of you? You would think the UPS store would tell you you are stuck with this address for the rest of your life. I read the rule from the post office and it says legally UPS is required to forward me the mail for 6 months and charge postage. After that the can shit can my mail. How can I fix this? Thanks

Worst case scenario, you get a new home address address and start over. You can manually change addresses for utilities, phone, etc. online or over the phone.

BTW, USPS doesn't forward mail forever, either. 6 months sounds reasonable, even though you will have to pay UPS for postage (at least that's what it sounds like to me). I don't think USPS has any responsibility for your mail after it is out of their hands and in those of UPS. That's probably the crux of the issue.

aroundthehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #4
White Marlin

I've changed my address everywhere else. It's just really putting me into a pickel. I asked Navy Federal for a new check card then it was not sent to me. Nothing has been put in this mail box since we moved in. The problem is when I asked Navy Federal for a new card they put my old card on a 10 day cut off. 10 days have gone by and now I have no access to my money. I could use a check but my 3yr old went through my wallet and lost my drivers lisence. I called the local DMV and they said I need my SS card, lease, a bill, a bank statement, 2 forms of ID and a passport or birth certificate. My pass port is in Miami. It's quite the pickel. I was able to do it online and they are mailing me the lisence but i'm back to not being able to get mail. It's F'n crazy! The one thing i'm really sick of hearing is the phrase "The system" I just might lose it if I ever hear that phrase again. Once I found out this whole thing might go down I called the bank and said please don't cancel my card. They said there is nothing they can do now because it's already set to cancel in "The system". The post office can't help because of "The system". Who is this stupid ass system? I left Regions bank because of their system and it seems everyone else now uses it. At least they don't steal like Regions though.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
Grouper

A pickle indeed. Perhaps you could take a trip to Mexico, then come across the border to reenter the US. I hear those folks do ok here.
Not making light of your situation, just the fact that we all have to deal with crappy situations like this, and pay taxes, and pay for our kids to attend college, yadda, yadda, yadda. It does get frustrating at times.
Good Luck in getting things straightened out brother!
Fish-n-Fur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #6
Kim
Blue Marlin

Sell the UPS box to one of your kids, then it's not yours anymore.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
Grouper

I don't know what Regions "stole" from you but I had my debit card hacked last month to the tune of almost $500 spent on wally world dot com purchases and reported it to Regions and, within 12 hours, they had the whole thing taken care of. I had a new debit card for my checking account within 2 days in the mail and they even refunded the overdraft charge of $35 back to my checking account.

No big deal but this is what I expect a bank to do in a situation like I found myself. They came through for me immediately. Sorry for derailing your thread but I had to give credit where I thought it was due. And I feel the same way about the "system", that seems to be the current "catch word" for anything that is electronically controlled and goes south all of a sudden. That includes our federal government and goes on down to the local weather forecast and gas pump operation at the local convenience store.
Framerguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
Blue Marlin

Whatever "the system" is, it has gotten pathetic when a person who has had a driver license for over 40 years has to take in birth certificates, Id's, phone bills, etc to renew the license. And, women have to take in a marriage certificate. We recently had to deal with this after we moved across town. One thing for certain Bullshark you need to get that drivers license replaced quickly since it is also a form of ID and hide your wallet from the baby.
SHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2011, 05:32 PM   #9
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Framerguy View Post
I don't know what Regions "stole" from you but I had my debit card hacked last month to the tune of almost $500 spent on wally world dot com purchases and reported it to Regions and, within 12 hours, they had the whole thing taken care of. I had a new debit card for my checking account within 2 days in the mail and they even refunded the overdraft charge of $35 back to my checking account.

No big deal but this is what I expect a bank to do in a situation like I found myself. They came through for me immediately. Sorry for derailing your thread but I had to give credit where I thought it was due. And I feel the same way about the "system", that seems to be the current "catch word" for anything that is electronically controlled and goes south all of a sudden. That includes our federal government and goes on down to the local weather forecast and gas pump operation at the local convenience store.
No it was a debit before credit situation. I had a account set up where I would transfer $ into it to fix up the forclosures I bought. I noticed I spent to much at lowes one day when I checked my account. I transfered $ into that account after 5 or 6pm and they hit me with close to $500 worth of overdraft fees because I went to a ton of places that day buying materials. It pissed me off because I had a lot of $ in my other accounts but they hit me on that one due to the time of transfer. I always thought electronic transfers were tallied up at midnight and it was credit before debit. I fought it tooth and nail but just like any other company I got nowhere. Customer service is dead. They offered me $35 off. I ran 6 figures through them and they offered me $35. F them.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #10
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHunter View Post
Whatever "the system" is, it has gotten pathetic when a person who has had a driver license for over 40 years has to take in birth certificates, Id's, phone bills, etc to renew the license. And, women have to take in a marriage certificate. We recently had to deal with this after we moved across town. One thing for certain Bullshark you need to get that drivers license replaced quickly since it is also a form of ID and hide your wallet from the baby.
I have my concealed wepons permit and the paper showing I renewed my DL online.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in