I'm Going To Live Bait @ The Wharf - Fri. Night - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-31-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
Snapper

Default I'm Going To Live Bait @ The Wharf - Fri. Night

Headed to Live Bait @ The Wharf to eat Friday night, and was wondering what everybody suggest from the menu. Seems this restaurant is a popular topic on the forum since we have some forum members employed there. I've read other post where members haveeaten there, so I thought I'd ask.

Murph, Badazzchef, Woody...ya'll got anything special to serve up Fri. night??? Let me know!
HeartofDixie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Trigger

Default RE: I'm Going To Live Bait @ The Wharf - Fri. Night

My favorite is the Sesame Tuna. :hungry

http://www.livebaitrestaurant.com/wharf_menu2.asp
Hangout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
Snapper

Sweet...Thanx for the menu!
Old 07-31-2008, 10:38 PM   #4
Grand Slam

HeartofDixie.. Not only us three are on the PFF but all 6 of us in the kitchen. I think Chris started only hiring folks that fish, likeEscambia county did (Only folks that don'tuse tobacco.)LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Let me go fix my pork chops and I will post after they are done.

Back from putting them on the grill.

Not only do we have the MAIN menu but every two weeks we do a freash sheet. About 4 entries and maybe a app and some dessert that Chris whips up or his wife Jenny.

This week the hot selling fresh sheet item is the stuffed lobster. I called Chris and he was meeting with some folks that had reservationsfor a specail event and couldn't talk. I'm sure he will post tonight when he gets home around 1AM or so.

On the fresh sheet also is an dish that he made for DOWNTIME2, The mederatian (sp?) Grouper.

Our best selling apps are the Bayou Cakes, Seafood Nachos and the Stuffed oysters.

Main menu is gonna be what you desire.

If we still have the cake with ice cream on top, Chris will be able to tell you the name, I would suggest that for desert. It's not just a cake with a scoop of ice cream.

I'm not for sure how Chris does it but the Ice cream is an actual layer on top of the cake. The cake is made by Jenny, his wife, from a family recipe.
Deeplines is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 10:38 PM   #5
White Marlin

APP

BAYOU SEAFOOD CAKES Thick twin cakes blended with crab, fish, and shrimp. Pan fried and laced with a Creole remoulade sauce

LIVE BAIT STUFFED OYSTERS Oysters baked with spinach, andouille and a Chardonnay cream sauce. Topped with parmesan cheese

main

PECAN CRUSTED FLOUNDER WITH HONEY DIJON GLAZE Pan sauteed flounder with a crunchy pecan crust. The sauce makes it perfect!
bluffman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2008, 10:53 PM   #6
Snapper

Quote:
bluffman2 (7/31/2008)APP

BAYOU SEAFOOD CAKES Thick twin cakes blended with crab, fish, and shrimp. Pan fried and laced with a Creole remoulade sauce

LIVE BAIT STUFFED OYSTERS Oysters baked with spinach, andouille and a Chardonnay cream sauce. Topped with parmesan cheese

main

PECAN CRUSTED FLOUNDER WITH HONEY DIJON GLAZE Pan sauteed flounder with a crunchy pecan crust. The sauce makes it perfect!
Damn! I'm hungry NOW! Hold the spinach on those oysters though...not a fan of spinach
Old 08-01-2008, 04:35 AM   #7
Trigger

recommended... app- seafood nachos

entree- 14 oz ribeye or the sesame crusted tuna

dessert- caramel creme broule cheesecake (prolly didnt spell that right)

i work there as well and these are my personal favorite
HIKE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 05:40 AM   #8
Blue Marlin

damn dixie i hate that i am not gonna be there this weekend. as for trying to decide what to order, i would order anything from the grille. that is where hike works and he needs to be kept busy more often. can't go wrong with the tuna, although chris is excellent on the sautee and can create whatever you can dream.

if you really wanna rattle someone's cage, order the banana leaf wrapped mahi mahi tomorrow night...if the servers tell you they're out of it, tell them to stop lying.
Captain Woody Woods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #9
Sailfish

the feta cheese crabcake, i think it's on the appetizer menu. it may be the best food i ever put in my mouth.

:bowdown:hungry
Old 08-01-2008, 01:48 PM   #10
Mingo

You guys that work at Live Bait sound like you are coming up with a creative menu that is different from the fried seafood you get at all the other restaurants in OB and Gulf Shores.When we sold our place in S Florida and bought in Gulf Shores the only thing we were disappointed in the area was the lack of any seafood restaurants that had any imagination.If the food is half as good as it sounds you just got some new customers.

FYI one of you guys should jump on a plane and take a trip down to Juno Beach,Fl. There is a little hole in the wall restaurant there calledCaptain Charlie'sReef Grill that has the best seafood I have had anywhere in the world. Their appeititzer menu is3 pages long front and back.They do some wierd combinations like Blueberry Tuna,but I have never had a dish that wasn't off the chain.My favorite is Coconut Encrusted Yellowtail Sanpper. It is a couple of large filets fried in a batter that is a cross between tempura and a benet with fresh shredded cocunut mixed in. The filets are servedon a bed of lettice with a fresh fruilt compote whichI think is mostly fruits from theislands becausemy wife has tried it with apples and other fruits and hasn't quite been able to match the taste.On top of the filets they drizzle a sweet sauce that tastes a litte like the icing you put on cinnamon rolls. Trust me the combination of flavors is amazing. I stumbled on to the place when were fishing in a tournament in WPB and one of the other competitors told me about it.I have never been in there when it wasn't packed,and they do no advertising.It is mostly locals coming by word of mouth.
Jim/Ga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in