Illigal people in Escambia County - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Like Tree53Likes
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
Trigger

Default Illigal people in Escambia County

This morning the journal writes about what Sheriff Hall is doing in Santa Rosa County, really doing his job, but when you read the paper and the Escambia County Jail keeper says we are full so we don't need to add business. That kind of mentality really stinks. Then the paper and others reflectthat its someone else's job like the Federal Government. If the law is in place, and its being broken, it needs to be enforced. If it looks like profiling and all the other terms then so be it. We have a problem, do your job Sheriff Ron. Surely your going to be asked why your not doing it when the election campaigns comes around, and if you say you don't have the money, then we need to find someone who wants to be Sheriff and do the job with the money he/she has to work with. Cut some of your overhead andput some tents at Camp 5 for the overflow. We have portables for kids in schools. Illigals can sleep in tents, that is better than they have where they came from. Great job Sheriff Hall, we need more like you.
Seegul51 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #2
Super Moderator
Blue Marlin

Default RE: Illigal people in Escambia County

You know what? I hate to say it, but, I'll take a bunch of skilled labor willing to work over the welfare reciepients with the lowered 77' Impala selling crack out of the hood. No redeeming qualaties what so ever. That includes the skanky white trash too. This ain't about race to me. I work with a pipeline company and have been involved in several large construction projects. You could not ask for better laborers than the ones from "El Paso".
delta dooler and Ocean Master like this.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
Nat
Grouper

I just read this also and it boils my blood

http://pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...802240320/1006

Larry Smith said this

Escambia disagrees

Escambia County Sheriff's Office officials have discussed the issue of undocumented workers but do not anticipate any raids, Chief Deputy Larry Smith said.

"My jail only holds 1,450 people. Right now, I have a population right at 1,800," he said. "I don't need to go out and generate any more crime to overload an overloaded jail on issues where I think you have to step back and look at the big picture."

The scale of the problem makes it impractical for local law enforcement agencies to take on such a task, he said.

"The Congress of the United States cannot figure out what to do with illegals. There are over 20 million illegals in the United States,'' he said. "I have a hard time understanding how putting workers in jail in Santa Rosa County is going to fix the illegal problem."

There was a time, Smith pointed out, that citizens of Northwest Florida were happy to see Hispanics, regardless of their status.

"After (hurricanes) Ivan and Dennis, we were quite proud to have the Hispanic population come to this county. There were houses to be rebuilt and roofs to be fixed," he said. "We were glad to see them."

this ignorant jackass doesn't understand the "Rule of Law". How can we get his lame ass fired? Pretty soon going after bank robbers will be just too much of an overload on the system

:banghead
MaxxT likes this.
Nat is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 09:30 AM   #4
Nat
Grouper

"I have a hard time understanding how putting workers in jail in Santa Rosa County is going to fix the illegal problem."

Mr. Smith

Let me explain this to your dumbass, it's real simple

If the laws is enforced, the illegals will leave on thier own, or leave on a ICE charter bus

then the restaurants owned by Americans Citizens won't have to compete against illegal labor, and the citizens operating LEGAL buisnesses just might be more prosperous.
Wugitus, polhlor and MaxxT like this.
Nat is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 09:31 AM   #5
Sailfish

Quote:
Downtime2 (2/24/2008)You know what? I hate to say it, but, I'll take a bunch of skilled labor willing to work over the welfare reciepients with the lowered 77' Impala selling crack out of the hood. No redeeming qualaties what so ever. That includes the skanky white trash too. This ain't about race to me. I work with a pipeline company and have been involved in several large construction projects. You could not ask for better laborers than the ones from "El Paso".
skilled laborers, yes. Totally agree. They will work there butt off from dawn to dusk and never hardly complain. My problem is they don't pay taxes. Which really chaps my butt to go to school, to work harder, to make more money, to pay more taxes for them. (and other slots that the goverment wastes money on). Illegal immigration drives up medical care costs, it drives up your insurances. It is huge writeoffs for hospitals and the such. And it is just plane wrong. I have no problem with people from other countries living here that abide by the same rules and laws that we have to every morning. It really burns me for the people that are trying to come into this country correctly, but can't or are denied because Mexicans sneak in here illegally, then have babies like rabbits and now they are citizens. Well, my soap box could go on about this, but instead I am going to take a shower, calm down and go worship the Lord.
Wugitus and polhlor like this.
Caspr21 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #6
Grouper

I say arrest them and start a work detail/chain gang. Have them start working on the road to Fort Pickens, Navarre Pier,ect.
Ocean Master likes this.
Get'n Wade is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

It won't be long before P-cola/Escambia countyis considered a "sanctuary"just like New York and those other idiots. Get ready they will be coming by bus loads now. Nothing like someone who is suppose to up hold the law doing nothing to prevent illegal behavior. Just remember this come election time.
maar is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
fng
Cigar Minnow

If you want to get the illegals out...even up the economics of the situation. Illegals will migrate towherever employers are willing to hire them. Go after the employers that are hiring them. Throw theemployers in jail for 90 days (especially hypocritical congresscritters) and watch how quickly the illegal problem goes away. Employers that hire illegals do so to obtaina cheap labor source, giving theman unfair competitive advantage. Raise the chance and price of their getting caught, and the incentive to cheat the system suddenly appears not so appealing.

As far as how hardthey mightwork, that does not offset the collateral economic burden that is placed on this country by their families. I have worked on construction projects where there were illegals employed by the general contractor. Yes, most of them were hard workers. But, they were also very unsafe workers. The overwhelming majority ofsafety violationson onejob in particularwas due to thepoor training that the illegals had, or in this case didn't have,wherever they're from. They don't have OSHA in El Salvador or Nicaragua or most other places south of the border...and it shows in their work practices.

As individuals, most of them that I've come across are very respectful and hard working. But the cost of having them here illegally is just too high, and that's why the laws are there. They just need to be enforced...and public officials who refuse to enforce the laws need to be voted out.:doh
polhlor and ravenbreaker like this.
fng is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #9
Sailfish

Quote:
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl2_lblFullMessage>You know what? I hate to say it, but, I'll take a bunch of skilled labor willing to work over the welfare reciepients with the lowered 77' Impala selling crack out of the hood. No redeeming qualaties what so ever. That includes the skanky white trash too. This ain't about race to me. I work with a pipeline company and have been involved in several large construction projects. You could not ask for better laborers than the ones from "El Paso".
I have both types as neighbors, and the crack dealers are much more of a problem than the hard working mexicans. The drug dealer lives in a HUD house across the street, and is a constant problem. He has no job, and lives off of government subsidies. I can't wait until he gets arrested.

On the other hand, the Mexicans go to work everyday and never bother anyone. Sometimes their music is a little loud, but it's good music (not rap) so I don't mind. I don't have a problem with people that work hard and I consider them good neighbors. Withthat being said I amstill worried about themass illegal immigration.Have any of you been out to the southwest lately? It's pretty shocking to drive through some of the towns like Albuquerque. The ms-13 gang types are what worries me.
P-cola_Native is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
Sailfish

I have crack dealers to the left, mexican mafia to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you. I dont like none of em. My once peaceful nieghborhood now has prostitutes, drugs, daily fights, and that stinkin loud a$$ mexican music:hoppingmad And its coming soon to a nieghbborhood near you. Good work sherriff Ron.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in