i hate ebay - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 12-14-2007, 07:00 PM   #1
White Marlin

Default i hate ebay

I swear the people on there have gotten stupid. For the past two weeks i've been trying to buy a cold steel recon tanto carbon V knife for my dad. Since cold steel now makes their knives in china and no longer uses the carbon V. I wanted a older model in good shape and american made. I must of bid on 10 knives and everytime someone at the last minute would out bid me and pay some stupid price for them 70-80 bucks. It got to the point where i almost gave up........but then this one came along, its in better condition than all the rest I had bid on. I placed the $52 bid on it 3 days ago and noone else even bid on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching
biggamefishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #2
White Marlin

Default RE: i hate ebay

I guess everyone else was scared since the guy was new....but i've spoken to him and wasn't scared to do business. plus i'm using paypal so i should be covered if anything goes wrong
biggamefishr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

Dang!!!!!!!!!!Bidding ended before I could outbid you AGAIN at the last minute, I guess I'm loosing the touch.

Congrats on getting what you were looking for, Hope he enjoys it............DENNIS
Old 12-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #4
Mingo

I agree on ebay about Cold Steel , many people are buying them as its that time of year, but they are usually disappointed when they find out they are made over seas. Most of the time, the information given, does ont say where they are made unless its made in USA. Cold Steel did not lower their prices very much when they went over seas, like Remington , Marbles , Schrade, ect. most of them the bottom fell out of once they put China name on them. However, Cold Steel has been reluctant to do it. I have been a knife dealer as a hobby since 96, and on ebay , so I have sold a lot of knives ,but its so competitive now, no profit to speak of . But its not the seller who has raised the price, its the wholesaler. They have their own people running everything on ebay, and make their money on shipping , and you can't under sell them because they have theirs marked up so if you buy it from a wholesaler, you pay more than they list them for on ebay. in 96, you could make some good money on knives, not anymore. Wholesalers make all the money now. But having said that , its a good deal on most items for the buyers, but you have to have something unusual to make money on ebay.Lot of people making their profit on Shipping, they can catch you on that . They are not making the money on the item they are selling.. Sometimes you will see them sell a knife for .01 cents, then charge 12 dollars for shipping. Reason is ,ebay fees are based on selling price, not shipping. Lot of things can catch you, and since ebay now owns paypal, they get you both ways. You were lucky to get the knife for that price if it is all it say it is. Good Luck. They produce a quality knife, even over seas. Same equipment, just cheap labor.
Bill904 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2007, 11:23 PM   #5
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man

Key...Don't bid early. I snipe all my bids unless I open the bidding. That way it can't be taken off. There are snipe programs out there. Use them.

Tuna Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2007, 11:30 PM   #6
Sailfish

Send a message via MSN to David Ridenour Send a message via Yahoo to David Ridenour

Josh, these folks are not far from me. If you need me to pick up anything and send it to you let me know.
David Ridenour is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2007, 11:31 PM   #7
Grouper

some times i think the seller will log-in under a different account and run up the bid. maybe not, i'm just paranoid.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:09 AM   #8
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man

Quote:
whipper snapper (12/14/2007)some times i think the seller will log-in under a different account and run up the bid. maybe not, i'm just paranoid.
They do and I can show you a auction that will confirm it. I'm watching a auction that I made a token opening bid, that way it couldn't be taken off. The item was sold to a higher bidder (not the sellers name). The description was for a set of wheels off a RV. The very next day the same set, taken off the same RV (exact same ad but not a "sell again") was up for auction, by the same original seller. Lets see if the same buyer gets the auction as the last one.

First auction.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...14222&rd=1

Current auction......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...70231&rd=1

Tuna Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2007, 01:14 AM   #9
Ruby Red Lip

when someone bids on their own items its called shill bidding. you can turn them in for it.
12345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2007, 01:23 AM   #10
Trigger

you should report his ass we had some one try to snipe a set of three mirrolures from us me and my brother so we ran them from $25 to $60 20 apiece is still good but jokes on him
JLMass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in