hey guys, please read - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 09-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Trigger

Send a message via Yahoo to DJ's Mom
Unhappy hey guys, please read

i just reported the good news of a baby to you a few weeks ago, now i have some bad new....
well, my hubby has been out of a job since march, looking for a job and unemployment is about to run out and i found out today i am not fixing to have a job anymore either.
We have looked online and all over the place for him jobs nothing seems to help. I am afraid its gonna be hard for me to find another job because how pregnant I am.
My hubby doesnt really have a "trade" but he has done several different things. He is basically looking for a labor, manufacturing, or assembly kind of job. He has his Twic card but no mariners license and has worked in the oil fields but never on a boat. He has also worked in a body shop with details and changing out parts & Assembly line work.
If any of you guys have any ideas of places hiring or ideas on what we can do to help....I have run out of options or I wouldnt be asking for help
Thanks, Joy
DJ's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

Deeply saddened by your news. I pray that you can find work for your family. Look to the Lord He is our help and shield.
lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
eating tasty
White Marlin

Locally, and it appears immediate, on Craiglist, looks like a legitimate job
LOOKING FOR A HELPER

Or apply in the oilfield, I work for Oceaneering International, we are acquiring 2 new vessels in the near future and I hear we are hiring 80 to 100 people throughout our diving and marine divisions... maybe something in marine division would suit him. Oceaneering Careers

Good luck, I hope this helps some

Last edited by FenderBender; 09-15-2010 at 08:31 PM.
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2010, 08:09 PM   #4
Grouper

There's a lot of oilfield work opening up in the North Dakota-Pennsylvania area right now. If the govt kills the work in the Gulf, that's probably where I'll try to work. I don't know a company name, but I'm sure a little searching on the internet may turn something up.

I'll second the Oceaneering recommendation. They're a good company and work on some nice rigs in the Gulf. Good luck to you!
Tres is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
Snapper

its not what he probley wants but I think he could get on since he has a TWIC card already it would be a galley hand ,UT hand or night cook offshore either in production or drilling. Good luck and its not bad money either start out about 1000.00 per week.
coast to coast 865-380-0028
offshore 360-318-1280
Trinty 985-872-5355
Opc 985-879-3082
mt0264 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
Blue Marlin

might wanna try ( merrit electrical ) they are out at gulf power, they got a few years on a contract and thet were hiring last week also try ( ga west ) outta mobile they also have a contact out at gulf power
floater1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 12:48 AM   #7
Trigger

Right now he is not picky he don't mind work at the bottom and learning what ever he just needs some thong that pays more than minimum wage that can support us....he tried to get a job as deck hand one time and they wanted experience but he is gonna try again... He wants to check them out...if anymore ideas let me know the more options the more likely to get a job
Old 09-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #8
Sailfish

I will second GA West. I am working out here at Gulf Power on the construction as well. GA west has the contract for the entire job. Laborers are starting out at $17 per hour and they are hiring new people daily
auburn17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 03:08 PM   #9
Trigger

Send a message via Yahoo to SLICK75

IF he has no problem coming back to the oil patch he should try http://hpinc.com. Its land based but its booming in the north right now between North Dakota and Pennsylvania. I spent a year with them in Wyoming. Some of their rigs run 14/14 day schedules and most are paying between 22-$24.00/ hr. starting out. With experience it shouldnt be too hard to get on.

I know quite a few other land based companies, but he might as well not waste his time on gulf jobs for a couple more months. The moratorium wont be lifted until Nov. so no one is hiring right now. If he can hold out that long, some of those that have had lay-offs may start hiring, but theyll bring back the lay-offs first where they can.

Last edited by SLICK75; 09-16-2010 at 03:16 PM.
SLICK75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
Trigger

i printed out the app for one of that one....now i need to know how he applies for the job at the gulf power plant, where he needs to go or do...please...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in