Help needed with recomendations for back surgeon. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-07-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Help needed with recomendations for back surgeon.

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I have a bulging disk in my lumbar. I have had the condition about a year and a half. When it is acting up it causes extreme sciatica that manifests itself as a very sharp, stabbing pain in my upper left buttock. The pain is pretty bad. When I had my first incident last year, the pain was only there while standing. I could sit down and find a comfortable position, and the pain would go away. This round, I am on my back, I can only sit upright or stand for about 3 min until I am forced to lie on my back until the pain subsides (usually about 3-5 min) <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">I saw a very good spinal injection Dr. in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">New Orleans</st1lace></st1:City> last year on the recommendation of one of my best friends who had had similar problems. I had to go twice, but I was pain free for a year. This Dr. travels a lot doing teaching and research. He is one of the best, but very hard to schedule. I have been back to his clinic twice this go around. I saw his partner the first time and that shot did not take. I was able to get into see the main doctor Thursday of last week, unfortunately, the shot did not work and I think I may be facing back surgery. I have to do something to get back on track.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">This has been one of the greatest times of my life combined with one of the most miserable. Our baby daughter Lily Catherine was born 2 weeks ago, and I have been confined to the couch or bed the entire time except for short periods. My Wife Stacy has been incredible through this entire ordeal. What it boils down to is that I will probably need back surgery. I am reaching out to the PFF community to see if any of you guys have gone though this and had any recommendations for local doctors.
Corpsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
Snapper

Default RE: Help needed with recomendations for back surgeon.

<HR color=#dddddd noShade SIZE=1> <DIV class=bg_greydiaggrad2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#e6ecf9><TD style="BORDER-TOP: #0066cc 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #0066cc 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #0066cc" width="30%">Troy M. Tippett, <SPAN style="COLOR: #0066cc">MD</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #0066cc 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #0066cc 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #0066cc; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px solid" colSpan=2>Neurological Surgery</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ccc 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ccc 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ccc 1px solid" vAlign=top width="30%">1717 North E St., Suite 422
Pensacola, FL 32501
(850) 444-7050
Request an Appointment
Get Map / Directions </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>I work at baptist and this is the guy that I would let cut on me, and many of my coworkers feel the same way
snakeawave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
Sailfish

maybe a chiropractor would help. I have seen Dr. Likens as Renfro Chiropractic on 9 mile sine my accident and he has done wonders.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
White Marlin

I have a similar problem, but not as bad (at least lately). I bought an inversion table off a PFF member, and it helps. If you'd like to borrow it to see ifone would work for you, I'd be happy to loan it out. I'm on Garcon Point, but get into P'cola pretty often. Good luck!

Tom

983-3286
Flounderpounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2007, 02:09 PM   #5
White Marlin

I ruptured my disc 3 years ago.Had 2 back surgeries so far.

Long drive but well worth it.

Drs. Merle and Douglas Stringer at the Brain and Spine Center on Harrison Ave, Panama City.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #6
Sailfish

I just had it done in July!!! I was with Sounthern Ortho. Dr. Chandler.
Halfmoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2007, 05:39 PM   #7
Sailfish

Cant remember the name of the practice but I had major back sugery in 98 and was told Iwouldnt walk again or at least for a long time , went back to work 91 days later. The doctor that did my actual surgery is no longer there but the other Dr.s are great. The main dr is Cambell they are in Baptist Medical Towers. Hope everything works out.:toast
wirenut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #8
Cigar Minnow

Depending on the severity of the bulge physical therpay might work. I am a P.T. and there are some things that we can do to help the situation depending on the severity. Just an option to think about before you get cut on. if you have any other questions feel free to pm me.

kevin
fshslyr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in