Gun Show Today - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 02-10-2008, 01:28 AM   #1
Sailfish

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Rider
Default Gun Show Today

I went to the gun show this morning and sighned up for the 11am concealed weapons class. Seems like everyone else in Pensacola had the same idea. The class was slamed with over 100 people and the 2 pm class was just as full. The instructer said that he couldnt believe the number of people that showed up compaired to the past. They were not prepaired for this many people as they only had one deputy there to do the finger printing. That poor guy was still fingerprinting people from the 11am class 30 minutes into the 2 pm class. I guess the way things are going in the world today more people are concerned for there safety. All I no is all those crazy people on the street who mouth of to people and do stupid shit better think twice cause there are a ton of folks in the Greater Pensacola area that are fixin to be packin some heat. Any body else from the forum take the class today?????????? :banghead EDIT. Let me just say I had someone pm me about my post and sugested I re word it. Im not going to change what it says but I will say that in no way was I trying to come across as a bad ass for making the statement about people better watch what they say or someone might,could blow them away...... I remember a post on here a long while back about someone in a boat was approached by another person in a boat and started some shit with them about somthing stupid, I cant remember what it was about but my point is thank twice before you aproach someone and start a fight that you may loose because you just never no. The person you mess with could have a gun and have already had a bad day and even though his life is not any real danger he takes your bullshit the wrong way and bang your dead.... :usaflag
Midnight Rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
Blue Marlin

Default RE: Gun Show Today

If any of those people have ever had the cops called for a domestic dispute call then their odds of getting the license is slim to none. You can take the class and do the finger printing and photo and when you send it in they can decide wether our not that person is eligible to have it. Even some "misdimenors" will decline you from getting the license.

Really its scary, 50% of those people in that class probally dont know how to shoot a semi auto gun and the other 50% doesnt know how to shoot a revolver. There should be a little more to being able to carry a gun besides take a 2hr class and get a license. Dont get me wrong I do have my license and I do carry my gun everywhere i go but i also have the hunters saftey course (hands on) and i have been around guns my whole life being my father was FDLE for 28 years. I just think its too easy for people to get the permit. I dont want some guy next to me in line carrying a gun and someone comes in to rob the place and he decides hes going to be a hero and try to shoot the guy and get everyone killed. Thats just my input.
Pinksnappertrapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2008, 10:40 AM   #3
Sailfish

Midnight,

My wife and I were in the same class on Saturday. I was thinking along the same lines. It's a shame that is come to this, but I figure at least 1/2 the folks you pass on the streets are packing....legally or not.
cuzmondo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #4
Sailfish

My son and I went to the show as well. It was crowded...its amazing how polite folks are to each other when 50-60% of the people have a gun or two slung over their shoulder.

It does appear that we are moving closer to becoming an armed society, I think that at least locally its signal that our political "leadership" isn't getting the job done, people know it and feel the NEED to arm up.

:usaflag

Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Mike aka FishWerks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
Sailfish

I agree, that our local agencies are not spendingour tax money on putting Deputies in the street, where the problems are, but having one of the largest "paper passing" office pinkeys collecting high salaries. Carefully examine the candidates for Sheriff before you vote.

I am somewhat unsure about getting my name on the list of permit holders or the serial numbers of any of my weapons. I am qualified for a carry permit from my former profession in public saftey and the Marine Corps, but am worried that some AH like "Hitlery" or "Osama" will get elected and try to overcome our Second Amendment rights and take our guns away. As a collector of muzzle loaders, I don't want to see them melted down.

Yes, I agree with most of you and some LEO friends, it is a dangerous world out there and it's going to get worse.

Keep your powder dry! Vote wisely!:usaflag

Tom
Old 02-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
Sailfish

Quote:
oldflathead (2/10/2008)

Keep your powder dry! Vote wisely!:usaflag

Tom

You nailed it Tom.

:usaflag

Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Mike aka FishWerks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2008, 11:43 AM   #7
Ruby Red Lip

How much did it cost?

and how long does it take ?
gotmullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2008, 12:15 PM   #8
Sailfish

So, my question is: Any good deals on handguns out there at the show?

You can never have too many toys.
FelixH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #9
Sailfish

It took 2.5 hours and it was 60 for the class and additional 25 for finger print, noteary, and photo....last 3 are opitional can do on your own at sheriffs office.....
Old 02-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #10
Sailfish

Quote:
Pinksnappercatcher (2/10/2008)If any of those people have ever had the cops called for a domestic dispute call then their odds of getting the license is slim to none. You can take the class and do the finger printing and photo and when you send it in they can decide wether our not that person is eligible to have it. Even some "misdimenors" will decline you from getting the license.

Really its scary, 50% of those people in that class probally dont know how to shoot a semi auto gun and the other 50% doesnt know how to shoot a revolver. There should be a little more to being able to carry a gun besides take a 2hr class and get a license. Dont get me wrong I do have my license and I do carry my gun everywhere i go but i also have the hunters saftey course (hands on) and i have been around guns my whole life being my father was FDLE for 28 years. I just think its too easy for people to get the permit. I dont want some guy next to me in line carrying a gun and someone comes in to rob the place and he decides hes going to be a hero and try to shoot the guy and get everyone killed. Thats just my input.
I agree with you it was to easy. I was very surprised. Basically if the check clears your qualified.... I did learn while waiting in line for 1.5 hours to do my fingerprints is that if you live in Alabama all you have to do is go to court house and pay your money and heres your permit.....At least in Florida we had a gun safety class and had to fire a few rounds with an instructer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in