Great Service as usual from Costa Del Mar - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 05-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Snapper

Default Great Service as usual from Costa Del Mar

I've bought Costa Del Mar sunglasses for over 20 years. Had several mishaps, all of them my fault, sent them back for repair and have been satisfied every time.

Happened again last week. Broke the frame on my Fathoms with readers and sent them back. Clearly my fault. Costa sent them back(looks like a new pair) and charged me $11.83. What great service!

I have had cheaper sunglasses, I have had others I thought were as good but none I thought were better. Throw in great customer service and you have a loyal customer.

And as a side note, for old farts like me the C-Mates bifocals are the BEST!!!

Makes me wonder what those who complain expect...
Instant Karma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

Must be nice, I sent in a pair last year that the lenses kept popping out and they tried to charge me for a new frames when they were a month old.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
Grouper

You are the one and only person I have ever heard of saying that Costa has good customer service. I have dealt with them numerous times and it was one nightmare after another. Hell, most of the time they just want to charge you like $80-90 bucks and send you a new pair no matter what the problem is.
(251) 747-6712
ADRENALINE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
Blue Marlin

Their customer service sucks. Nothing but bad luck here too. They tried to charge me $160 or something like that to replace one lenser, i know someone and only paid 120 for them, i had to get the person to print out a receipt and fax that to them then they charged me $80. If i brake or loose my costas im going to guidelines and getting them at HotSpots were if they break you can take them back and they will give you a brand new pair right there on the spot.
Pinksnappertrapper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
Trigger

i have sent in 10 - 12 pairs since i started wearing them......(oakley didn't make polarized at the time) and have had mixed dealings from increadible to getting back a pair with replaced lens that were sent back cracked !!! they have suposedly fixed their delamination problem and mine are still delaming.... i now were maui jims !!! between me the wife and 2 kids we have spent countless dollars on costa's and probably will have to keep dealing with them due to the fact that they make a style to fit everyone !!! if i can't find a maui or persol to fit one of us then it is back to the 50 foot long coasta display case....
BILL_MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #6
Grand Slam

My wife's Costa's broke at one of the hinges. I went out on their site to see what it would take to get them fixed. I was looking for the link to ask somebody about it. They want $11 or $12 just to talk to you about it.
Heck, I just want to know if it's feasable to get them fixed or should I just go buy another pair.
I'm afraid that they are about to run a once fine company into the ground.
welldoya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in