Gout - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 12-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
Grouper

Default Gout

last night during the last few hours of my shift i could have sworn someone hit my foot with a sledge hammer and then set it on fire. the next 10 hours were some of the most painful hours of m life. i am man enough to say that when i pulled my boot off this morning i had some water like material in both eyes. my big toe on my left was as red as a firetruck and big as a hose. thank God i was able to be seen by the Doc at 9:00am. i did not want my socks to touch my skin. gout has to be the worse pain i have ever had. my kidney stone episode was a joy next to this. i am just now able to enjoy a few minutes dull pain. either way i hope no one has to deal with this.
spear em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #2
Grouper

Been there, done that and burnt the f#^&$ng tee shirt. Could not even stand the air from the ceiling fan to blow on it. Don't think I would wish it on my worse enemy.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #3
Sailfish

worst pain ive ever had ,last time they had to take me in wheelchair. After it heals they can put u on meds to prevent another attack. Tex comes back negative a lot. Dr at urgent care told me, i dont care what test says, you have gout. my dads foot got so big in hosp. it split open. even dr says its one of most painful thing to have. I feel for u, it takes a while to heal. I would get out of bed and fall was on crutchs 2 times. tender to touch, red and tender, if test is neg u prob have it. its uric acid buildup
20simmons sea skiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
Grouper

when it was time to go to the doc, you know the time you have been praying for, and i could not put my foot on the ground to get in the car i thought about all the times i have told people to " suck it up and be a man" i wanted to kick my ownself in the nuts.
spear em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #5
Grouper

I'm 32 y/o and I've had bad flare ups. My Dr told me that red meat is a leading cause of uric acid build up. I still take a daily dose of Allopurinol to prevent flares. I feel for you and anyone else who has had it.
GENTLE WOLF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
CCC
Grand Slam

I was diagnosed with it in my elbow, and told no more red meat or ANY alcohol EVER. Still eat red meat like a demon and drink as much as I want. Only flares up every couple of years.
CCC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2010, 09:58 AM   #7
Sailfish

Turkey is another no no
Hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #8
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spear em View Post
last night during the last few hours of my shift i could have sworn someone hit my foot with a sledge hammer and then set it on fire. the next 10 hours were some of the most painful hours of m life. i am man enough to say that when i pulled my boot off this morning i had some water like material in both eyes. my big toe on my left was as red as a firetruck and big as a hose. thank God i was able to be seen by the Doc at 9:00am. i did not want my socks to touch my skin. gout has to be the worse pain i have ever had. my kidney stone episode was a joy next to this. i am just now able to enjoy a few minutes dull pain. either way i hope no one has to deal with this.
This was my 40th birthday present, I had to cancel a very nice vacation because of it. It was mis-diagnosed by the first Dr. I wound up on crutches. Allopurinal is your friend to PREVENT a gout attack, once one has started you need Indomethecin. I wound up going to a Rheumotlogist to get it all straightened out. I have very few flare ups now.

FO

As usual no spelling or syntax review
Freedom Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #9
Snapper

Take allopurinal daily to prevent flare ups - they sure are painful. Found that lower cholesterol foods are btter in helping avoid the attacks. Venison, chicken and turkey seem to be okay for me to eat.
helo_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #10
Reel Insurance
White Marlin

Go to the Green Fox, Get cellery seed extract. Gout will be gone in two days. Dont take the big pharma crap. Will end up harming you in the long run. Natural is always better for the human body.
Kenton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in