Old 03-31-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Mingo

Default Go Daddy CEO Bob Parsons elephant hunt

hamhands is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #2
Sailfish

Not something I would want to do though. It looks to have been a govenment sanctioned hunt where I'm sure the government made money on the permitting. Though, by the way those villagers decended on that elephant carcass, it'll probably take every bit of the money the government was paid (notice I didn't say earned) to protect the marauding elephants until the next hunter flush with cash shows up to shoot it.
Catchin Hell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
Sailfish

I'm just glad the meat was used. I never heard that they eat elephant meat. I guess if you are hungry enough, you'll eat anything.
The media is trying to crucify this guy, and I think it is a shame. I heard him being interviewed by Piers Morgan last night. I think he told the story in a very positive light, but the Piers just wouldn't accept what he said. When they started to interview PETA I changed channels.
Probably my last time watching Piers Morgan.
Buckyt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #4
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckyt View Post
I'm just glad the meat was used. I never heard that they eat elephant meat. I guess if you are hungry enough, you'll eat anything.
The media is trying to crucify this guy, and I think it is a shame. I heard him being interviewed by Piers Morgan last night. I think he told the story in a very positive light, but the Piers just wouldn't accept what he said. When they started to interview PETA I changed channels.
Probably my last time watching Piers Morgan.
The guy was trophy hunting end of story. He kills a leopard in another video. Last i heard they dont eat "crops".
Old 04-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #5
Trigger

I don't remember anybody bitching when the late Ernest Hemingway did the same thing. Boy how times have changed. Used to be thought of as being a man's man.
Hewes your daddy? is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #6
Sailfish

I'm not against trophy hunting as long as it is legal, but it is better if the meat can be used. I don't think I have ever heard of anybody eating big cats? My guess is that somebody somewhere probably would if given the opportunity.
I don't personally want to kill an elephant or a leopard, but if somebody else does and is legal and ethical, OK by me.
If we let PETA have their way, they will stop our fishing, even catch and release. Probably deer hunting, wild Pigs, Turkeys, etc, etc. I have killed a few critters in my life, caught and killed a few fish, but have practiced catch and release for any critter I can. It's hard to catch and release a deer?
Buckyt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #7
Mingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewes your daddy? View Post
I don't remember anybody bitching when the late Ernest Hemingway did the same thing. Boy how times have changed. Used to be thought of as being a man's man.

Hemingway was an alcoholic who blew his own head off. Killing animals does not make you man. Little girls kill stuff all the time.

Yes PETA are a bunch of aholes but killing elephants and flaunting it to promote business is unethical imo.

He deserves what he is getting. Just cause someone sells a permit to kill it does not make it right either.

Are any animals off limits?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in