Glen Coffee - weapons charge dropped! - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #1
White Marlin

Default Glen Coffee - weapons charge dropped!

was glad to see this. didn't want to post the arrest article because i didn't want to start a thread about "alabama thugs." i like coffee a lot and was hoping this would happen. that said, i think there needs to be set rules on this. very grey right now.

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/cof...earm-fort.html
K-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Blue Marlin

If the weapon is in the glove compartment or center console, it's secured. I don't think he should have been arrested. However, were to be stopped with a weapon in the car, the first words out of my mouth would be..."Officer, I have a loaded weapon in the car" and I would have both of my hands on top of the steering wheel.

Last edited by Orion45; 10-22-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Orion45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #3
Blue Marlin

As some one that always has a weapon in the car, legally like Coffee, I'd be PISSED if it happened to me. The Jack Booted Thug that arrested him was too excited to arrest a "star" then to actually know the law.
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Grouper

I would like to know if the gun was in a locked compartment. Then it would really be secure. How many seconds does it take to get a gun out of an unlocked glove compartment or center console. Not that long. I'm very pro gun rights but come on, its not like he can't afford a permit. As for as the officer wanting to arrest someone of his status. Turn the coin over. What if he let him go and then arrested a nobody and that hit the media. Then its favortism. I dont know anything about the florida law but in alabama that would have been upheld...at least from what I have read.
dsar592 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsar592 View Post
I would like to know if the gun was in a locked compartment. Then it would really be secure. How many seconds does it take to get a gun out of an unlocked glove compartment or center console. Not that long. I'm very pro gun rights but come on, its not like he can't afford a permit. As for as the officer wanting to arrest someone of his status. Turn the coin over. What if he let him go and then arrested a nobody and that hit the media. Then its favortism. I dont know anything about the florida law but in alabama that would have been upheld...at least from what I have read.
Doesnt matter, the law is the law. The weapon was in the center console, locked or not is irrelevant and so is his choice to not get a concealed carry permit. Mr. Coffee committed no crime and was falsely arrested, period.

Last edited by JD7.62; 10-23-2010 at 07:57 PM.
JD7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #6
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsar592 View Post
you've gotta have a permit to carry in your vehicle in AL. a good friend of mine didn't realize that and spent some time getting to know mckenzie's finest because he assumed the laws were the same in AL as they are in FL. between that and having a cooler in the bed of his truck with 4 beers identified by the cop as being "florida beers" he's got a reputation now as a gun runner and a boot legger (joking of course).

and yeah, if you lock your gun in a compartment, it would kinda defeat the purpose of carrying one. not saying i think it's safe to roll around with one in the chamber and the hammer cocked, but that's me. i won't tell anyone else how to carry their firearm. that's why there's such a large grey area on this.
K-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in