Gators Lost by a Gator Fan - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 10-03-2010, 11:29 AM   #1
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

Default Gators Lost by a Gator Fan

Guys it isn't the loss that will define the Gators it is what they do from here that will define the Gators. There is no shame in getting beat by a better team and a loss will teach you more about yourself and life than all the wins in the world can. Now we will see if this team steps up to the challenges or lays down and dies. That is what will define the Gators for 2010. Will we win all the rest of our games? Doubt it but will we continue to try and get better, that is what will define this team. Growing up or simply quitting!!!
lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
Kim
Blue Marlin

I enjoyed your post.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Grouper

Not a good place for a young team to reach puberty at. I think it was the biggest factor in the game. I keep hearing and reading about how dominating the game was and it was ugly but the Gators did a lot of it to themselves. Bama by far is the best team in the country, hopefully we'll get another shot at them. We moved the ball well at times and being in the stands Brantley had some wide open receivers he didn't even look at, granted pressure was there. Take away the points the offense gave up the defense actually played ok, Richardson 61 yards, Ingram 47 yards, Julio 19 yards-but some great returns, and McElroy 12 of 18. McElroy doesn't make mistakes and neither does Bama in general. Hell every one on one open field tackle where it was tackle or 6 points the Bama defense made the tackle.

You can't beat a team as good and as well coached as Bama turning the ball over.

Gators need make a change on who's calling the plays. I can can go a lifetime without seeing that dive play ever again.
finfever61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
Grand Slam

They'll get better Lobsterman, just takes time. Like you posted earlier, there's been a lot of changes. Couldn't expect the same result's. Patience.

And for Bare Bones (cause i know you gonna read this) it's written right there under my boat.

Blazer Bay 2170 Yamaha 200

JoeyWelch is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlw1972 View Post
They'll get better Lobsterman, just takes time. Like you posted earlier, there's been a lot of changes. Couldn't expect the same result's. Patience.

And for Bare Bones (cause i know you gonna read this) it's written right there under my boat.
JLW, I know they will get better and like I have said on many posts if you have followed football at any length you know you can not replace experience with tallent and end up with the same results. I predicted 3 losses for the Gators as soon as the team broke up last year and everyone told me I was crazy. Well I me be that, but I still stick with the three loss theory. I also predicted that USC would take the East SEC and am still sticking to that as well. The Gators are young and have alot of growing up to do and while doing that they will take a few lumps. That is how it work when you basically rebuild a program, coaching staff included. Not to mention I am not sold on our OC either. When he mixed it up we moved the ball well, but his inside dive play with peewee football players trying to get thru a line of 300 pounders average is like trying to drive a pine needle thru a wall with a hammer, just doesn't happen.
lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #6
Grand Slam

Default Congratulations Bama

Scoreboard said it all.
U.F. will improve significantly between now and December.
Many mistakes made yesterday, mental and physical mistakes by coaches and players.
Bama played near flawless football, and U.F. made numerous boo boos.
Lot of growing up to do.

And I drink sweet tea out of a mason jar.
Emerald Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #7
Grouper

Well I am just going to have to come out and say it . FSU will finally beat UF this year. An ok FSU against a poor UF . I will take the win. GO noles!
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #8
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Well I am just going to have to come out and say it . FSU will finally beat UF this year. An ok FSU against a poor UF . I will take the win. GO noles!

I predicted a loss at bama and a second loss to a team we should beat. ut is DOWN this year as is georgia. The GATORS play usc in G'ville so the GATORS should take that one. fsu at tackyhassee is a possible loss. Their defense is porous but it will improve too over the next few games.

Still predict 10-2 and another shot at bama (or auburn?) in the SEC Championship in Atlanta.

Jim
jim t is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #9
Grouper

Roll Tide!
gcrbama is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2010, 11:38 PM   #10
Topwater Bluefish fan
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
oh no ! we can't blow our perfect record at ZOOK FIELD !!!
Baitcaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in