Game camera help. - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Grouper

Default Game camera help.

I am in need of a recommendation for game cameras.
They need to be inexpensive as possible as I am on a tight budget. But at the same time, I am going to have buy at least six of the darn things to cover my entire property.
I already have all the surveillance cameras that my system supports, & anyway, I see some game cameras for less than the surveillance cameras.

They need to be able to be triggered & cover at least 50/60 feet in front of the camera. They also need to be able to work while being mounted high enough the perps can’t easily reach them.

In all of the specifications I can find, none mention the distance they will trigger & their field of view.
Here is the deal; our neighborhood has recently been having trouble with kids throwing stones at houses late at night. Most of our houses are about 100 feet from the road (we live in the sticks). And so far, they have been staying out of range of our porch cameras

The deputy that came out last night is the one who put me onto the game cams. He said that they have solve several property damage cases with pictures from them. He said that if we can get some pictures & ID the perps, at the least he can confront them. He said “You’d be surprised how much petty s**t stops once you put the cuffs on’em even if we have to let’em loose later.”
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
Grouper

OK, I think I found some that will fit our needs if mounted carefully, we will see.

Wildgame Innovations® IR3C 3MP Infrared Game Camera.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=954654

I think I’m going to put up an electric fence wire in the back yard also.
Gotta check & see what the laws are on that. We are zoned “ag” out here.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
OK, I think I found some that will fit our needs if mounted carefully, we will see.

Wildgame Innovations® IR3C 3MP Infrared Game Camera.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=954654

I think I’m going to put up an electric fence wire in the back yard also.
Gotta check & see what the laws are on that. We are zoned “ag” out here.
hopefully some of the hunting forum folks will see this and chime in. from the looks of the link you posted this camera won't reach nearly as far as you mentioned in the first post. that's quite far for any camera to trigger though and definitely a $45 model. you're right about needing IR though for what you want. and i would definitely contact somebody about the fence. at least some very obvious/visible signage too.
K-Bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #4
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Bill View Post
hopefully some of the hunting forum folks will see this and chime in. from the looks of the link you posted this camera won't reach nearly as far as you mentioned in the first post. that's quite far for any camera to trigger though and definitely a $45 model. you're right about needing IR though for what you want. and i would definitely contact somebody about the fence. at least some very obvious/visible signage too.

All excellent points, I just posted there.
I think that if I mount four of these cameras on a post in the middle of the yard they will at least cover most of that area (in the middle of some azaleas). I may have to get a couple better ones to cover the side & back. These also look like they would work at the back behind my barn if I can figure out a way to protect them.
I may have to get a couple better ones to cover the side & back. These also look like they would work at the back behind my barn if I can figure out a way to protect them.
Yeah I have to get all the facts before I put up an electric fence. I seem to recall something about it has to be behind another fence & well marked every so often.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in