Followup on unauthorized timber cutting with a cool video... - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 01-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Sailfish

Default Followup on unauthorized timber cutting with a cool video...

Original post:

https://www.pensacolafishingforum.com...no-joke-78871/

I'm not sure how the tree cutting saga is going to end, but I have asked for posted signs to be placed in the middle of each lane they cut into my property and administrative paperwork to be given to the individual responsible for letting it happen in the first place. All said and done, they cut approximately 400 yards or so of lanes through my property. I'm holding off on legal action for the moment, but I am pissed... Anyway, check this video out. I think they used this or a similar machine to make the lanes.

Last edited by Catchin Hell; 01-04-2011 at 02:44 PM.
Catchin Hell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
Enjoying Gods Creation
Sailfish

Not sure of the circumstances here but somebody obviously made a wrong call. Give us more info on the situation. You say they cut "lanes" on your property. For what reason? Did they cut/harvest timber? What would be their purpose for cutting lanes? Did they cut an adjoining property and mistakingly cross the property line? A lot of questions unanswered id like to know before giving my advice (which is worthless anyway). Still interested in the outcome though.
Mike Moore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Moore View Post
Not sure of the circumstances here but somebody obviously made a wrong call. Give us more info on the situation. You say they cut "lanes" on your property. For what reason? Did they cut/harvest timber? What would be their purpose for cutting lanes? Did they cut an adjoining property and mistakingly cross the property line? A lot of questions unanswered id like to know before giving my advice (which is worthless anyway). Still interested in the outcome though.
Hey Mike,

Click the blue link above and it'll take you to the original post which will answer all of your questions. In this instance it was the US Government and yes, they royally screwed up. The ONUS is upon them and so far I'm being overly nice; subject to change depending upon their answer. As for the timber they screwed up; there isn't any fixing that. Now, I will say all this was done during the last month of GA's deer season, so I'm really being overly nice. I'm going to include a picture of the land with the trails they cut for everyone's purusal in a moment... Before anyone starts hollering "Sue em!", just remember who's going to pay for it in the end...
Old 01-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Sailfish

Dang... I don't have time to mess with figuring out how to post a pic right now, but I'll try it late this evening...
Old 01-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
Grand Slam

what do I have set wrong in my brouser that does not allow me to view the vids like the one in this thread? I get an error????
Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
Enjoying Gods Creation
Sailfish

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. Heck of a situation you got there!
Mike Moore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #7
Sailfish

Default Aerial picture of the property

Boundary lines are drawn in red and nearly perfect as far as I can tell. If you zoom in on the picture, there is a legend for the dots, but most are existing deer stands. The squiggly lines are the cut lanes that I found. I'll try and post some deer videos from this season taken on my game cams... The videos really brings it home as these deer are using my land as a safe haven from GA hunters. It annoys me to no end to know that they were disturbed during hunting season and likely moved during the daylight when they're vulnerable because of these trail cutting turds.

Here's the deer videos... Sorry, no music.

Attached Thumbnails
Followup on unauthorized timber cutting with a cool video...-4340-donnan-road-property-intrusions-pff-jpg  

Last edited by Catchin Hell; 01-04-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:11 PM   #8
Ruby Red Lip

I see a tag at the bottom of the aerial image that says Macon, GA. I'm about 25 miles SE of Macon and do aerial photography this time of year for forestry consultants. PM me if you need a current photo of the property while I'm up flying this winter.
Go_Sic'm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
Auburn Grad - 1999
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Sic'm View Post
I see a tag at the bottom of the aerial image that says Macon, GA. I'm about 25 miles SE of Macon and do aerial photography this time of year for forestry consultants. PM me if you need a current photo of the property while I'm up flying this winter.
If your ever towards Evergreen, Al doing some work let me know. I'd like to get a current photo of my land. Apparently google earth isnt going to update the 7 year old one they have on their sight.
Grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Tarver, are the lanes going to be good shooting lanes???? Still would piss me off! Hope you can re-coup some $$$!!!
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in