Firestone Tires (The tire store) - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 05-12-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
Grouper

Default Firestone Tires (The tire store)

So I sold my wifes car this weekend. It was sitting on michelin tires. The tires had about 60% tread on them. The new owners wanted to get the car inspected. So we drove it down to Firestone. They looked over the car. The car checked out fine. However they said the tires are good shape but need to be replaced due to "dry rot". I was like hmmmmm 80,000 mile warranty tires, that look perfect have "dry rot". It was almost sad because it was a mother and daughter buying the car. They bought the car anyways but it just chaps me. People will do anything to try to make a dollar. Let me know who you trust to look at your car.
chad403 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #2
Cigar Minnow

Guy on Pace Blvd named "Auto Save Tire and Service Center" Daniel or Dave the owner. Been there since like 1961, they are the most honest people in town that I have found they check everything out and they do it themselves a lot of time and only charge around 20 dollars, I have carried numerous cars there to have looked at and also repaired. They are just straightup nice and honest working guys as you will tell by talking with the customers in there waiting room. There right down the road south of Firestone a few blocks. Good guys there, my little secret .
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Grouper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Guy on Pace Blvd named "Auto Save Tire and Service Center" Daniel or Dave the owner. Been there since like 1961, they are the most honest people in town that I have found they check everything out and they do it themselves a lot of time and only charge around 20 dollars, I have carried numerous cars there to have looked at and also repaired. They are just straightup nice and honest working guys as you will tell by talking with the customers in there waiting room. There right down the road south of Firestone a few blocks. Good guys there, my little secret .
Absolutely! I deal with them all the time. Half the time, if it's something simple, they don't even charge you. Great place and great people!
Hawkseye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
Ruby Red Lip

I'll second that , the best repair shop in town. Most of these places have different employee's every time you go in there, not at this place. Same guys everytime I go in there , that says a lot about a company to me. Very good and honest , prices are very comparable, probably cheaper if you figure in the "rip-off factor" that other shops have.
Goldigger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad403 View Post
So I sold my wifes car this weekend. It was sitting on michelin tires. The tires had about 60% tread on them. The new owners wanted to get the car inspected. So we drove it down to Firestone. They looked over the car. The car checked out fine. However they said the tires are good shape but need to be replaced due to "dry rot". I was like hmmmmm 80,000 mile warranty tires, that look perfect have "dry rot". It was almost sad because it was a mother and daughter buying the car. They bought the car anyways but it just chaps me. People will do anything to try to make a dollar. Let me know who you trust to look at your car.
Mileage is not the only factor in determining a tire's condition. Rubber compounds deteriorate with age. Just because you have not exceeded the mileage warranty does not mean that the tire is still safe. Tire that are older than six years should be replaced...regardless of the mileage because the rubber compunds deteriorate with age.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-care/how-...our-tires.html
Orion45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
Blue Marlin

^ I second that, Also All the tires are stamped with a date.. If someone has never shown you, you probably wont know... But its usually in an oval type circle and it will read something like (0610) which means the tire was made in the 6th week of 2010... Most of the time its only on oneside of the tire..
wld1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
White Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wld1985 View Post
^ I second that, Also All the tires are stamped with a date.. If someone has never shown you, you probably wont know... But its usually in an oval type circle and it will read something like (0610) which means the tire was made in the 6th week of 2010... Most of the time its only on oneside of the tire..
Yep! I always check when buying NEW tires as well! I won't buy anything over a year old. From what I've read, some really OLD "new" tires that have been sitting in warehouse for years, are often installed.
Flounderpounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
Grand Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad403 View Post
Firestone stores, nationally, are horrible. Just my opinion. I will never use them.

aroundthehorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in