• 1 Post By rustybucket

Old 06-19-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
Green Eggs And Ham
Grand Slam

Thumbs down Facebook the real story.

The root of all evil.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/19/1...ognizant-tampa

Quote:
Bodies in Seats At Facebook’s worst-performing content moderation site in North America, one contractor has died, and others say they fear for their lives
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 07:45 AM   #2
Sailfish

So glad I don`t facebook. Do not need anymore BS to deal with.
Boat-Dude likes this.
catfever24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
Snapper

So, I'm sorry but the story is quite skewed.... So facebook creates 30k entry level OFFICE jobs in the USA and they are the bad guy?

If the job was so terrible why do people continue to work there? It's very easy in the current economy to find another job.

We want companies to bring jobs to the US but when they do, (and actually expect people to work and hold them accountable) we call them evil and sue them....?

I call bs 100% on the story, like this is the first guy to ever die at work? WTH is wrong with people?? If you can't sit at a computer and moderate content without having a heart attack, then there are probably not many jobs in the world you would be able to do....

I personally applaud them for keeping the jobs in the us, but with press like this they will probably migrate this contract work overseas.
Play'N Hooky Too likes this.

Last edited by rustybucket; 06-20-2019 at 08:55 AM.
rustybucket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #4
Green Eggs And Ham
Grand Slam

I think what they were saying is that there is so many criminals, child molesters, killings ON facebook, it shows it is a cesspool for the most evil people in society to the point that the people that have to monitor this shit are having emotional problems from it. I am sure there are people that would enjoy looking at that horrible crap all day but most employees are having massive stress over it.

If facebook went under tomorrow I wouldn't care one bit, I can't stand social media.
Getsome and catfever24 like this.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #5
Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boat-Dude View Post
I think what they were saying is that there is so many criminals, child molesters, killings ON facebook, it shows it is a cesspool for the most evil people in society to the point that the people that have to monitor this shit are having emotional problems from it. I am sure there are people that would enjoy looking at that horrible crap all day but most employees are having massive stress over it.

If facebook went under tomorrow I wouldn't care one bit, I can't stand social media.

So, before facebook we didn't have criminials, child molestors and killings? lol.... you guys REALLY give facebook too much credit. It's humans that are so screwed up, not facebook. All this crap has been going on since the dawn of time, it's just more visible now with news/social media. Which IMO is a GOOD thing. The more Facebook can police the better, b/c without facebook these same screwed up people would just be flying below the radar.

The root of all evil is NOT facebook, or instagram or guns, or religion or any other inanimate object. It's people. It's humans, it's scumbags....etc.

Using your logic guns should be outlawed completely b/c a few scumbags shot up schools/churches...etc And all churches should be shut down b/c some pedo-priests abused little boys.

If society would quit blaming the vessel and start blaming the person driving it we would be in a MUCH better place.

I will say it's quite ironic that you say you 'hate all social media' at the exact same time you are posting in an online forum, which is one of the first forms of online social media. lol

As for seeing bad things and it affecting the employees... I'm sure the job is not for everyone, but think of all that police officers, firemen, soldiers and all other public servants see.
DMC likes this.
rustybucket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2019, 02:08 PM   #6
Green Eggs And Ham
Grand Slam

Nvm

Last edited by Boat-Dude; 06-20-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Boat-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in