• 1 Post By Boat-Dude

Old 06-04-2019, 10:00 PM   #1
Grand Slam

Default Edit much

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb...P_Ho8dUF_3EKbA

NBC Edits Out Alex Trebek Crediting Prayers With Helping His Cancer Battle
123276 Shares Tweet 113 Print
By Nicholas Fondacaro | May 29, 2019 10:23 PM EDT
In an interview with People magazine out Wednesday, Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek credited the prayers of millions of his fans for helping him in his fight against stage-four pancreatic cancer, now in “near remission.” Yet, while ABC’s World News Tonight touted Trebek’s praise, the CBS Evening News ignored that part of Trebek’s comments and NBC Nightly News edited it out of the quotes read and video clips they aired.

Before we can examine what was missing, let’s look at what should have been reported.

ABC anchor David Muir recalled how Trebek “vowed to fight it” by playing a soundbite of the gameshow host telling fans back in March: “With the help of your prayers also, I plan to beat the low survival rate statistics for this disease.”

Muir read sizable quotes from the magazine article where Trebek credits prayer:

Trebek telling People magazine: “The doctors said that they hadn't seen this kind of positive result in their memory. Some of the tumors have already shrunk by more than 50 percent.” He adds, “it's kind of mind-boggling. I've already gone from where I was to this. The doctors are so excited, just beside themselves with joy.”

And Trebek again thanked the millions who have sent good wishes. “I told the doctors, this has to be more than just chemo. I've had a couple million people out there who expressed their good thoughts, their positive energy and their prayers. The doctors said it could very well be an important part of this.”
“No doubt it is,” Muir agreed.

Now let’s look at NBC’s edits. Correspondent Joe Fryer played the same soundbite of Trebek’s vow. But in this one, the NBC reporter spoke over the prayer part so it sounded like this: “I plan to beat the low survival rate statistics for this disease.” And so the edit stood out in the video provided.

Next came the part where Fryer skipped over Trebek’s credits in the People magazine piece: “He tells People, “I’ve got a couple million people out there who have expressed good thoughts… I told the doctors this has to be more than just the chemo.” For Trebek, that support is part of the answer.” Compare that to what Muir said and what People magazine wrote.

As for CBS, fill-in anchor and Face the Nation moderator Margaret Brennan only had a news brief on the story in which the only quote from the magazine was that Trebek thought the turnaround was “mindboggling”:

There was some encouraging news today from Alex Trebek. The host of Jeopardy! says his doctors tell him that his stage-four pancreatic cancer is in, quote, "near remission." In an interview with People magazine, Trebek calls the prognosis "mind-boggling" but says he has several more rounds of chemotherapy to go before he's declared to be in full remission.
It’s disturbing that NBC News would go to such lengths to avoid saying prayer help someone through a tough time in their life.

The transcripts are below, click "expand" to read:

Joey Welch

Blazer Bay 2170 Yamaha 200

jlw1972 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2019, 08:08 AM   #2
Sailfish

Not surprised....the liberals cringed and were shocked when Tony Dungy, after winning Superbowl 41, stated while it was significant two African American coaches played, it was more important two Christian Coaches played doing it "the Lord's way".

grouper1963 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2019, 08:56 AM   #3
*^* JaiBo *^*
Grand Slam

Yeah and then folks wonder why this place is all jacked up with stupidity!!! They bend over backwards to support the few then disregard GOD and shove away from him. GOD is all knowing and forgiving but also realizes those who turn him away are lost and it seems more in government and media have done this!!!

Philippians 1:21

21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Jason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2019, 09:13 PM   #4
Green Eggs And Ham
Grand Slam

The left is intolerant to the inherent tolerance of Christians. The left simply can't tolerate it.
ChicoLimo likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in