E-Cigarette & E-Liquid Questions - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 07-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
White Marlin

Default E-Cigarette & E-Liquid Questions

So, anyone have experience and or sucess in quitting smoking using the e-cigs? Good, bad, easy, hard, how long did it take you, etc...
brnbser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
Sailfish

I had a buddy that used them for 3-4 mo but as soon as he quit usin it he went right Back to smoking. I tried a lot of things over the 18 years that I smoked and chantix did it for me it's a very powerful drug and should be respected and taken as directed it has some severe side effects but it was the easiest stop smoking aid I've ever tried if you really want to quit give it a try. I acctualy took it twice the first time the anger and mood swings got the best of me but 2 months later I started it again knowing what to expect from it made it a little bit easier to deal with and i only took it for 5 weeks an have been smoke free for 52 days it's still tough and takes some will power but you can do it it will be the best decision of you life. If I can do anything to help don't hesitate to ask
fishn4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #3
White Marlin

did he ever try and step down in the nicotine levels?
Old 07-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
Sailfish

Yeah I'm sure he did I'll ask and get a little more Info from him though
Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
Ruby Red Lip

+10000 on the Chantix
timbrs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #6
White Marlin

I'm an Air Traffic Controller and cant take any meds stronger that tylenol.

I had been dipping/chewing for about 7-8 yrs and when I entered the Navy in 82, they tossed my dip and I started smoking the next day so I've been smoking for 29 yrs and 37 or so yrs using nicotine and routinely a pack and a half to two packs a day.

I started using an e-cig two weeks ago today and haven't lit a cigarette yet. I started at a much lower mg rate than they suggested because of the amount and how long I've smoked. The nicotine levels go from 6, 11, 18, 24 and 36 mg. I started at 18 mg and have been cool with it, enough so that yesterday I stepped down to the 11 mg liquid and doing fine so far there too.

Just looking for others experiences, thanks for the input with it and what to expect......I'm pretty set on quitting but don't think cold turkey would be a good idea for that poor unsuspecting pilot that I decided to go ballistic on going that route.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #7
Sailfish

I tried several ways to quit, patch, gum, those things before the e-cig. None really worked, never did the pills though. What finally worked was limiting the amount I smoked and then a gradual decline. Week one remove and discard 1 cig per pack, week two discard two and so on. It takes some self discipline to avoid not cracking another pack but its doable. Go at your own pace some weeks you may not remove any but never add back. If he's married or just got some chick that will give him some make a game at it. We did some sex reward at the end of the week depending on how many I was able to discard from each pack. You can use your imagination on the rules and rewards don't think this is the place to get into all that.
capt'n slim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #8
Super Moderator
Blue Marlin

Have a stroke....worked for me.....(please quit before you do Scott).....don't wind up like me...
Downtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #9
White Marlin

I've kept the open pack and lighter every since I stopped just to ensure the thought of "It's there, I can smoke it but I don't want it and I'm not going to light it up".
Old 07-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt'n slim View Post
I tried several ways to quit, patch, gum, those things before the e-cig. None really worked, never did the pills though. What finally worked was limiting the amount I smoked and then a gradual decline. Week one remove and discard 1 cig per pack, week two discard two and so on. It takes some self discipline to avoid not cracking another pack but its doable. Go at your own pace some weeks you may not remove any but never add back. If he's married or just got some chick that will give him some make a game at it. We did some sex reward at the end of the week depending on how many I was able to discard from each pack. You can use your imagination on the rules and rewards don't think this is the place to get into all that.
Love this idea makes me wanna start back so I can quit this way lol all seriousness don't give up however you can find to quit just do it its going to be tough no matter what you do just don't give up keep trying till you find the right thing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in