Don't you just love Personal Responsibility? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 05-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
Grand Slam

Send a message via AIM to Tuna Man Send a message via MSN to Tuna Man Send a message via Yahoo to Tuna Man
Default Don't you just love Personal Responsibility?

<P _extended="true"><STRONG _extended="true">WAYNE, N.J.? A New Jersey couple, whose son was struck in the chest with a line drive, is planning to sue the maker of a metal baseball bat used in the game.[/b]<P _extended="true">Two years ago, Steven Domalewski was pitching when the ball slammed into his chest and stopped his heart. He was resuscitated but now has brain damage and is severely disabled.<P _extended="true">The family contends metal baseball bats are inherently unsafe for youth games because the ball comes off them much faster than from wooden bats. The lawsuit will also be filed against Little League Baseball and a sporting goods chain that sold the bat.<P _extended="true">An attorney says Domalewski will need millions of dollars worth of medical care for the rest of his life.<P _extended="true">The bat maker says while it sympathizes with Steven and his family, the bat is not to blame for the injury.<P _extended="true">I also sympathize with Steven, but DAMN!:doh<P _extended="true">Glad this won't come to trial in the Deep South....The South has a history of..."the company has plenty of money, let's give the kid some":banghead:banghead:banghead<P _extended="true">

Tuna Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #2
Jiggin Finatic
Grand Slam

Default RE: Don't you just love Personal Responsibility?

Yes I love it as far as I'm concerned he os out of luck. When he let his son play and knew they were using Aluminum bats he agreed to the dangers involved. I feel bad for his son, but life is tuff.
II Chronicles 7:14
if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

lobsterman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2008, 09:55 PM   #3
Mingo

Hey , maybe they will sue the ball , glove and uniform manufactures , oh wait , lets sue the grounds keeper and the Parks and rec Dept.

Hey how bout we sue the other Parents for letting their kids play.
welder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #4
ROLL TIDE ROLL
Grand Slam

Quote:
lobsterman (5/17/2008)Yes I love it as far as I'm concerned he os out of luck. When he let his son play and knew they were using Aluminum bats he agreed to the dangers involved. I feel bad for his son, but life is tuff.
I agree, thats like buying a new corvette, doing 100 mph getting in a wreck then sueing Chevy because you cant drive. Hope they dont get a dime.
Splittine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2008, 02:11 AM   #5
Trigger

Thats just rediculous... surprised they didnt try to sue the coach for not teaching him good enough:banghead:hoppingmad:banghead
Fish on! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
White Marlin

Yeah, I'm sure his dad never allowed or encouraged him to use an aluminum bat.

Why don't they sue the municipality or owner of the ballpark for reckless endangerment for constructing the ball field where they knew kids would be engaging in inherently dangerous activities.

Maybe they should also launch a congressional investigation to determine if the kid that hit the line drive was on steroids.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #7
Mingo

Quote:
alanbarck (5/18/2008)

Maybe they should also launch a congressional investigation to determine if the kid that hit the line drive was on steroids.
hahaha..... now that was some funny snit right there
BBshot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #8
Grouper

sorry to here about the child. but when you play sports their is always a chance of getting hurt. hunderds of child get hurt every year. that is one of things that no one has control over. it was an unfortunate accident with no malice on no ones part. law suits are getting crazy and as a result we pay the price for higher insurance cost.
reelhappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #9
Grouper

Too bad about the kid and this is a stupid law suit, but its just a symptom of what's wrong with our health system. I guarantee you that the family had health insurance and the fees went over the $1 million or $2 million lifetime benefits amount and left the family without coverage and facing enormous bills most people could never pay. Some attorney at the hospital or wherever told them to sue so here we are.

Reform of medical insurance issues might end some of these BS suits.
Xanadu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #10
Trigger

Quote:
Fish on! (5/18/2008)Thats just rediculous... surprised they didnt try to sue the coach for not teaching him good enough:banghead:hoppingmad:banghead
I read this on yahoo and thought it was rediculous too. The thing is that the dad of the kid IS THE COACH!!!!!

Here is alink: http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/1...ry/161265.html

Jeff
jeff456 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in