Disney world - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 11-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
Sailfish

Default Disney world

I'm thinking of taking my little ones down for Christmas anybody have any advice tips on where to stay what's the best deals to get as far as getting the most out of the parks any help appreciated
fishn4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
Snapper

My wife has us booked for the sping, I'll talk to her tonight and see what she found and let.you know. I have no clue, I just told her to tell me when to get in the truck.
ABailey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #3
Trigger

Default disney

I took the family to Disney for Christmas once.............ONCE!

I'll NEVER do that again as it was WAAAAAYYYY too crowded. I've been there several times and have never seen a crowd like I did during Christmas. Just be prepared if you go, it's gonna be mobbed.
strike two is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
Sailfish

Thanks for the Input from all the reading I've done and people I've talked to I think we will wait until feb or march it'll still be cool enough and not so crowded
fishn4fun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
Sailfish

If you are military, they have specials going on. You can check into shades of green also. It is a military hotel on Disney property and can be a real bonus. Once you park the car, dont have to use it again until you get ready to come home. Staying on property is a little more expensive but can be worth the gas back and forth and parking.
kahala boy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
Trigger

Default First 2 weeks of Dec are great at Disney

The weeks right after Thanksgiving are a great time to go to Disney. All of the Christmas lights/parades are going on and the weather is great. Their are hardly anyone there during the week and the weekend isn't that bad either. I would stay away from there the week before until after New years. When our kids were younger and we could take them out of school, we went down the first week of Dec every year. There are also some very good deals on rooms because it is such a slow time of year for them. There is also something called the "Verry Merry Christmas Party" during that time of year that is a lot of fun. Let me know if you have any questions. Don't forget to hit the Disney Outlet stores before you hit the parks. Can save you some money on shirts and toys.
Tiggerpec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #7
Grouper

Default disney

hey lane i second feb. we have been there several times before the kids grew up and feb seemed to be the best and least crowed,
lane shoot me a pm or a phone call and let me know how your doing.
pirate@40something is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
Grand Slam

^^^^X2 but as far as staying on the park? I took the familly in the spring to stay on the park and was very dissapointed. We go atleast 4 times a year. My kids have doctor app. in Gainsville and since its only an hour more, we make it a 3-4 day weekend. We just went last month and nailed the perfect combo. We REALLY enjoy downtown disney, many, many shops, parades, food all that stuff. So we stayed at a comfort inn or something for 27$ a night, yes 27$ a night. little fridge tv. iron, heated outdoor pool, everything you expect from a hotel for a steal of a deal. It took 11 min to get to downtown Disney. Get to downtown disney about 9 in the am. park right up front by the bus terminals. the parking lot is about empty at this time of the morning. Get on a bus going to any of the hotels, or ask a driver how to get to the parks, they are real friendly. You can catch a bus to any of the disney hotels, and at the hotel you can get in a line for a bus headed to any of the parks you want to go to. to get back, by the evening time there are usually busses going straight to downtown or fairries going to the other park or the monorail. when you get back you are at downtown disney, since most of the parks close at 9 in the off season you have untill 11 when downtown closes. by then its time to sleep, you dont have time to enjoy the hotel anyways. This is just my .02$
If you do stay on the property, do'nt bother stayin at either the allstar resorts, thay are so outdated it is pathetic. My $27 a night hotel blew them way out of the water. I have no idea about the nick or espn resort. But evry disney hotel has a resturant in it, that is the best bang for the buck, and I recomend buying the refill cup for $12 when u get there, free refills, if you stop there in the middle of the day get a refill, get reffills for free anytime you want on the visit while you are there. I also recomend boston lobster fest! $25 or $30 a head but if you hit there wbsite you can get cupons that take a few $ off. Be sure to take the youngins to rainforest cafe, at least once, there is one downtown and one at animal kingdom. Oh also found out animal kingdom closes at 5 so go there first if thats one of your destinations and go to the other parks afterwords. Having said that I recomend hoper passes, and take a stroller with you. There are stroller parking spots every where. Just get you a $15 from wally world and put your name on it. Carry you or your wife a back pack with waters, sanitizer, camera, and anything else you might need. I am just thrifty so these are just suggestions. Good luck and have fun! Oh utilize the fast passes, get em early and throughout the day. They are good at the time stamped or ANYTIME after for that day!
jaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in