Diesel truck owners: ever have this happen? - Pensacola Fishing Forum

Go Back   Pensacola Fishing Forum > General Discussion > Off Topic

Old 03-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
Blue Marlin

Default Diesel truck owners: ever have this happen?

My diesel truck was close to empty, so I pull into a local station. Now, this station has 4 seperate pump islands. Three are gasoline only, the outside one has both gas and diesel.
As I start off the highway, headed for island #4, a pickup pulling a boat pulls off ahead of me. Guess which pump he heads for? Of course, the one with the diesel pump. I go to plan "B", and start to circle the island so I can fuel up on the other side. However, a pickup beats me there. Now, we have two gas-burners blocking the only diesel pump. And the other 3 gasoline only islands? All empty.
I now wait (impatiently) while Johnny pickup owner pumps $60+ worth of gas into his truck.
Meanwhile, Mr. Fisherman goes inside the store, buys a small container of oil, then pumps in 6 gallons of gas in his boat.
Did I mention that none of the other 3 islands had any customers?
Finally, Mr. Johnny pickup & Mr. Fisherman get through and leave. Another fuming diesel customer and I finally are able to fill up.

Moral of this true story? If you are driving a gas burning vehicle, and have a choice, Please don't block the diesel pumps.
Sea-r-cy
Sea-r-cy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Grouper

Happens all the time but usually its somebody without a charge card so they have to go in and prepay first, come out and pump, go back in to get their change and buy lotto cards
TheCaptKen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
Trigger

Never paid attention (gas burner here) but i will from now on. Thanks for making people aware.
jaxon1023 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
Blue Marlin

I've also had a problem with them not pulling up to the 2nd pump so that I could get to the diesel. Some are probably being obnoxious but I think it is more likely that they are just oblivious to what is around them.
SHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
Trigger

I hate it when that happens. I never paid any attention to it until i got a diesel.

There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965
wetley49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #6
Auburn Grad - 1999
White Marlin

People don't think about others nor do they use their heads. Same thing as pulling down a short on ramp with 5tons worth of trailer behind you and some dummy with no one around him won't get over and let you have the right lane so you have to slam on brakes and then get back on the turbo to get back up to speed...
Grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 12:34 AM   #7
Snapper

I sit in my truck and cuss ever time , and it always seems they have to shop when they get done with the gas. If i have to go in i always pull up and park it just seems like the decent thing to do.
sureline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 03:53 AM   #8
Grand Slam

Trust me, most people aren't trying to be mean...they are just oblivious to the diesel pump. I get on to my wife for doing this. She really doesn't have a clue about it. I'm not being mean (and I'm not throwing her under the bus), I'm just saying it is usually not intentional and if they knew they would probably move to another pump. Some people know better, most don't.
jspooney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 06:52 AM   #9
Trigger

My best one was after waiting for the car at the pump to leave I had another cut one me off and pull up to the diesel one when the next pump was empty. She got out of the car (had to craw over to the passenger side to get out) and start to get the pump ready. Lucky for me there was a diesel guy on the other side who informed her I was waiting and asked her to pull forward to the empty pump...
Powerstroke 7.3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
Blue Marlin

Quote:
I think it is more likely that they are just oblivious to what is around them.
Bingo!

People today walk around with blinders on and think it's all about themselves.

Take turning on your headlights when your wipers are turned on for example.

It's a state law by the way. It's even posted on a sign as you come into Fl. on Hwy 98.

People drive around with no lights on in the rain all the time. They can see fine.

What they DON"T realize is other people have a harder time seeing them.
Have you ever noticed that it is mostly cars that are very light blue metallic, gray or silver for the most part?

Yea the colors that just blend in to the road and weather.

It use to be that people understood what turning your lights OFF and then ON again meant. It means turn your [email protected]#king lights on Dummy.

Now they are oblivious to it....It's a pet peeve of mine.

Last edited by X-Shark; 03-25-2011 at 07:23 AM.
X-Shark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pensacola Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
How Did You Find Us?
Tell us how you heard about Pensacola Fishing Forum.

Log-in